Setting up Virus as multi channel external instrument in Logic - not working as it should

• hi there

So I've given up on VC. Worked with Jorg for over 2 weeks and it doesn't work for me on my system properly. Arps don't sync. Shame but I am now moving on as they say..

I have now spent a fair while today trying to set up the virus as a multi timbral external instrument in Logic. Just using midi cables {not VC over USB} the arps do sync, so that's what I want to get working.

So I'm in Sequencer mode where the parts 1-16 correspond to the midi channels 1-16

Using Logic 9.1.8.

I make a new instrument in the environment, set it to the Virus port on my midi interface, set to midi channel 1. Play a part, mute, solo all working fine etc.

I make another new instrument in the environment, as above but set to midi channel 2.

Parts 1 and 2 on midi channels 1 and 2 play the corresponding sounds I have set up in the Virus in multimode. Great.

However, when I unmute one sound in Logic both play, when I solo one both play as solo'd. There's no independent control of the channels.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Many thanks in advance.

cheers, Simon

• You sold it or gave it back because of midi routing issues?

Well talking for Virus B, it responds to 16 tracks so, making it a multitimbral player is just a matter of midi wiring logistics.

I am using a hand made midi router in an electronic device to seperate a track into 16 channels to use e.g. 16 drum tracks simultaneously coming fomr channel 10 in MIDI tracks. There are a number of instrument hardware units out doing this too, if somebody cannot do it from software.

Without drum tracks, it should be even easier to use 15 tracks simultaneously apart from the fact of course, that the synth has limited number of voices.

This should work with all synths and all midi setups, so I consider issues in software handling. Either your tracks are not joined correctly to one physical midi channel or the track parameters intersect with each other.

• I sold it.

Jorg gave up helping me.

After 18 months I lost patience with sync issues on 2 different computers and have having tried all hubs etc.

Bought a juno. It works, warmer sound, I'm making music instead of pissing round.