Will there be a virus software version 5.3 for windows xp ever ?

• is it going to come or access has made it clear that no more updates for xp

secondly i posted this elsewhere on the troubleshooting thread but just incase anyone sees it here , here is a problem I'm having with the virus software :

I have been having this problem since very long , all of a sudden the virus plugin started taking really long to start (around 5 minutes)
    this is the case even if the virus is not plugged in
    im using virus snow with windows xp sp3 and cubase 5 , virus software version 4.5.3
    any help ?

• is it going to come or access has made it clear that no more updates for xp

TIOS5.0.3 can be installed on WinXP, Access just dropped the quality assurance tests for XP.

I have been having this problem since very long , all of a sudden the virus plugin started taking really long to start (around 5 minutes)

This is usually caused by a large amount of .mid patch banks in your patch folder. VC scans them all at startup. An upgrade won't solve this. --- But here's a suggestion for Access - why not keep all the patch indexing info in a file, and load that file at startup, while checking the patch files/folders only for size and date (maybe CRC) so that only the files that have changed are re-indexed. Just like makefile builders do.

• This is usually caused by a large amount of .mid patch banks in your patch folder. VC scans them all at startup. An upgrade won't solve this. --- But here's a suggestion for Access - why not keep all the patch indexing info in a file, and load that file at startup, while checking the patch files/folders only for size and date (maybe CRC) so that only the files that have changed are re-indexed. Just like makefile builders do.

i cannot deny the fact the scanning more takes longer but 5 minutes? this must be something else and i'm pretty sure that the problem can be solved without updating virus control. Essio: please contact access support by email.
    thanks, marc

• hello and thank you both very much for the replies , I will try removing the midi files and checking ...

Marc do u recommend installing 5.0.3 on xp ? cause leaving the issue aside I would like to check the new version as it offers some major new updates .

very impressed with the virus forum !!

• hello and thank you both very much for the replies , I will try removing the midi files and checking ...

Marc do u recommend installing 5.0.3 on xp ? cause leaving the issue aside I would like to check the new version as it offers some major new updates .

very impressed with the virus forum !!

we didn't try ... but i'm sure some users here have and can comment.
    best, marc

• hey flabberbob , thank you so much for solving my problem , it was indeed the midi files , im so happy right now !!! I can't believe I waited a year to ask here but it doesn't matter its SOLVED !!!! Hurrraaaaaaayyyyy !!! thanks to the forum and the users specially flabberbob !!!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Here it's working perfect on Win XP too

My attempt to install the latest software on WinXp 32bit SP3 failed, it installed, rebooted then attempted to find the Virus on startup and despite being connected via usb it failed to recognise it, even though the Virus itself acknoledged there was a usb connection.

When i try to connect the Virus to pc without starting the software, windows installer installs the usb, midi and audio drivers but fails to find the Virus TI software even if i direct it to the folder, not sure of this is a clue.

Is there an alternate way to update the Virus hardware OS without installing the Virus software ? I'd rather operate the Virus via midi using a CTRL panel.

Thanks in advance.

• am i dreaming ? :P
    some patches sounds really better now on new version ( 5.0.4 ) than previous (4.5.3)
    :D i didn't notice that before because there are so many patches
    i can't say the same for a few arpeggios but it's not a problem ( backup is always in my disk )
    it's amazing that almost all patches sounds much different , especially effects sounds more expressive :D
    has anyone else noticed that ?