Old user but new to forum

• Hello everyone, I'm a brand, spanky new registered user even though I have owned my rack XL since they were released.

A little about myself, I have a home studio, been making music for around 30 years now, mainly for my own pleasure, I have had quite a bit of stuff released over the years but am not really interested in being 'famous', most of my gear is analog routed through a MOTU 424 system with 32 analog in/outs, I use Cubase as my sequencer and love modular, hands on stuff. I have a lot of redundant gear now, I sell nothing lol but I need to offload a bit.

I love my XL sound but would love some help in programming it, it is just too 'cold' for me when trying to create sound that I would use, the sound is great but The menu system is dirge and soundiver frustrates me, my post in the help section is my first post.

My favorite bit of kit is actually the Nord Modular which over the years has inspired me to build a Eurorack system which I am in the process of doing, I hope I will keep the Virus as the sound is amazing, I just want to be able to program my own sound easier.

• Similar with me: Returning user, allready having participated in the old forum / music mailing list. Having used Waldorf and Virus Synths from the mid of the 90tees - still owning a "B" and "Q.". Running a studio for production and recording (mostly acoustical musics). Primary business is electrical engineering / digital signal processing - mostly imaging, rarely audio.

Created own sounds and music / sound algorithms, starting in the 80tees with C64, since the 90tees in C at Microprocessors (TMS320X, DSP5630X), since 2003 with FPGAs. Created an own music workstation with virtual audio processing DSPs, midi like tone generator and sound synthesis with currently up to 1024 voices polyphony at 192kHz (4096 at 48kHz) spreaded over 6 FPGAs.