[Solved] Does this new platform mean the old versions will not be available to download?

• Its been awhile since ive patched, but when I did I found myself having to install all the diffrent patches to reach the final one (in sequential order of release)

What im asking is - with this new patch out - does this mean I only need to install this one new patch? (currently named Virus TI Installer 3.1.0.00 for Windows XP and Vista on the website)

• well you can try it out.

I just installed from patch to patch as i always sit on top of the new releases.
    But what i heard from another user in the forum he had to install step by step. He couldn't go from the factory install to the latest. So he had to try out how to get to the latest update without having to install every new patch. try and install a newer patch in the middlerange and then step to the last one. See if it works for you.
    Success! :thumbup:

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Mono that is terrible advice,
    The poor guy will be wasting hours waiting for the Ti OS updates to finish.

Go straight to the newest non-beta release OP.

• Yeah, multiple updates can only reduce the lifespan of various PROMs in the thing and waste a load of time - things are replaced in the virus not updated, so each update is a 'clean install' anyway...

• Mono that is terrible advice,
    The poor guy will be wasting hours waiting for the Ti OS updates to finish.

Go straight to the newest non-beta release OP.

actually it is not really an advice Raz. He was letting me think he couldn't go straight to the last update. Therefor i told him that another user which i also replied on had a similar issue. This person couldn't install the latest update on his new TI. I at least let him know what i know because nobody else at that time was even paying attention to his question. :)

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• I knew you would get offended, let me explain why you shouldnt have,
    You answered a technical question with an opinion.

The correct answer has always been, get the newest non beta version.
    Access Ti updates always include all previous fixes and features and it overwrites the OS and Driver in the install process.