I just upgraded to a TI2. how can I open my old projects I made with the TI Snow??

• so I just upgraded to a Virus TI2 after I sold my Virus Snow. How Can I open my old Projects I made with the Virus Snow?

I'm using Logic Pro and I can open the presets in the TI browser. But when I try to open the Logic Pro projects containing Virus TI snow melodies I can't open it with my new virus?

it's not a case of simply reloading presets because some presets aren't saved. they only exist as a channel strip setting if you will, in the actual project.

so Is their a way I can open these projects with my new Virus TI2?

• i don't have a good answer to your question. you can save individual presets and build a new instrument but you will loose automation lanes on the tracks. it is unfortunate but there were technical hurdles buried in the plug-in standards which forced us to create an individual plug-in for the snow. it was a "better than nothing" approach.
    best, marc

• i don't have a good answer to your question. you can save individual presets and build a new instrument but you will loose automation lanes on the tracks. it is unfortunate but there were technical hurdles buried in the plug-in standards which forced us to create an individual plug-in for the snow. it was a "better than nothing" approach.
    best, marc

hm. I don't mind having to redraw the automation lanes. but can you tell me how to save the individual presets then?

stupid enough I already sold my Snow, otherwise It wouldn't be a problem.

• I'm afraid your best option is to go to a music store and rent a snow for a few hours (or have a friend lend you one). Hook it up, load all your old projects, one by one, and use VC to save the sounds from the parts on the left, to a .mid file. That should also answer your question from the other thread regarding sysEx - the VC itself saves sysEx in the .mid file, only it's more convenient than dumping it yourself.
    Hope this helps.

• Yes, another option is to find someone else on this forum that uses the same daw as you and also uses a snow. If you sent your project files to them then they can create a midi patch file for you which they then could send back for you to use.

• Would be nice if the Ti plugin was the same for the snow and regular Ti/Ti2 (plugin would be a wrapper for the actual synth control engine). Would need some kind of intermediary patch bank which is configured depending on what model of virus is connected (a different synth window would also load depending on what Virus was loaded). If it was a snow you would have 4 banks of 4 patches A-B (when you select a new bank those 4 patches are loaded into the Virus, sort of like a buffer) and if a full size Ti was detected if could just load the patches right into the synth part. The data stored for the plugin shouldn't really change much (unless the it is vastly different for some reason, if so I am sure the plugin can work some sort of conversion/interpret the data. Allowing the Snow to have up to 16 presets stored (4 banks of 4 presets) would allow people to interchange the Snow and a regular Ti. this is the most elegant solution I can think of.

Also it would be nice if you had the option of routing audio to 16 separate channels. Ofc this is not possible at the same time due to bandwidth so what would actually happen is the plugin would support 16 outputs but you can only have 2/3 (depending on snow or full Ti) outputs active at any one time. This may seem useless at first but this would allow you to process each part/patch individually from one another. This would be extremely handy if you are rendering synth parts (e.g render part 1/bank a, part 1 or part 14/bank D, part 2), disabling the parts to save DSP power and working on another layer (this is possible through your DAW already with some routing+selective muting). This would sit at the intermediary level and what you would actually be doing is changing which output of the plugin you are routing the 2/3 streams from the Virus to). You wouldn't have to store any information for the actual wrapper (Virus is detected upon load) with the right gui (16 switches/lights for outputs and 4 squares for bank selection with a snow).

I am also wondering if 3 outputs and 1 input use the same bandwidth as 4 outputs (or 2/3 inputs and 2/1 outputs).