Get more outputs from your virus TI

• i just tried, it works, but the latency of analogue Audio Out has increased, even if i check it shows the same latency as USB audio, but its clearly out of sync not like USB, how can this be solved? im using FL studio but this shouldnt matter, because USB audio latency is working corectly.

• the usb outs dont appear to have latency because they work as part of the virus control vst plugin, and are therefore included in the sequencer's latency delay compesation. the virus' analogue outs come into the sequencer as external audio inputs and as such cant be latency compensated. try adjusting the delay control on the midi channel feeding the part in question

• Hello,

I own a Virus Ti Snow and I would like to use the analogue outputs connected to an external mixer, but I have extreme Timing (synchronisation) problems with it. Using USB-connection of the virus, everything is in time. I use a Firewire Soundcard (Edirol FA-101) which is connected to an analogue mixer and the Virus is also connected to that mixer, so there shouldn't be any problem with delay time, isn't it?
    But I already read the thread about the quality of analogue out vs. USB out. Is this because the synchronisation in my host (Ableton Live is at 44.1 kHz and 16 Bit (audio clock) and Virus out is 192khz 24/bit. Where I can find the config menu where I can set audio clock to (44.1, 48 khz or synced host). Is it relevant for my problem or where is the mistake. Thank you very much for any help in that issue. I never used the live mode, anything else I have to take care (audio clock, midi clock of the virus???). Where I can change this? I thought, when I use the analogue outs it automatically change the setting and connecting to a mixer, not soundcard input, no delay time should be compensated.

• the usb outs dont appear to have latency because they work as part of the virus control vst plugin, and are therefore included in the sequencer's latency delay compesation. the virus' analogue outs come into the sequencer as external audio inputs and as such cant be latency compensated. try adjusting the delay control on the midi channel feeding the part in question

well USB outs has a latency, i am using different soundcard, audiophile 2496, not the Virus ti one.

• You have latency because (afaik) FL Studio has no delay compensation, so you have to compensate. If you were using a host with delay compensation (Live, Logic, Cubase, etc) the playback would be sample accurate.

Matt

• You have latency because (afaik) FL Studio has no delay compensation, so you have to compensate. If you were using a host with delay compensation (Live, Logic, Cubase, etc) the playback would be sample accurate.

Matt

It has latency compensation http://flstudio.image-line.com…s.htm#Jump_PDC_stepbystep

the thing was due to my own settings in soundcard i had problems with analog out latency, but now i understand what was the problem and solved it, now USB Audio + Analog Out works just great, no latency issues :)

• Hi all,

I use USB and Analogue output at the same time with ableton 7,0,18

but they are a problem with the tempo sync of the sound play by Virus.

Indeed the tempo sync is good with USB out and when i make a record (loop of 4/4)the sound play by virus is records a the same place and it's good

but if i records an analogue output the sound play by virus are not accurate and is not always records exactly a the same place and it's desync.

if i push the Live button of VC the tempo sync of analogue out becomes good, but the USB out are out of sync and the tempo is not accurate

have you got this issue ?

• I dont know why one would like to have more output.

The polyphony abilities is kind too limited for i can run more than a few altogether and i have to always take care of the meter and not use the full capabilities of my virus.

what i do instead is I work like the "old good time" before computer was invented.

I play every part alone and record it once at a time. That way i can use the full power of my virus. Having full reverb/6 unisons/6 poles phaser with 3 osc + sub. Everything i want in all my patch if i want. No more limitation! I use to always experiment note stealing after a few part ( 5 notes chord, + bass doubles make 6 notes by part). Not anymore!

And as a benefit i have normalize sound. I use Live as a DAW. So what i do is a set the volume of the virus at 32 ( in filter page) then record my loop, usually 2x the bar length. And i stop in the middle of the second pass. Then i consolidate the 2 clips and go to clip and make 0db. Tada! Crystal clear sound and all my parts normalize. No more limitation.

OK you have to be organize but it is easy. I name the midi clip the same name as the patch name, give the patch name the same as the midi clip and tada! OK, it makes it more difficult to make change, but that way when you have a loop you like, you can keep it. And even if you made change later and scrap it, you still have it.

Personnaly i could not come back to my ancient method now.

• Usually I record all parts separately on a project to avoid glitches, but I have them all running simultaneously when developing the project...

I don't know why people have such problems with polyphony - but I guess it's due to ridiculous parameters in use (or, at least, not particularly fine tuned).

Also, for projects where the sounds in use vary over time, it's useful to give as many as possible their own FX chain, etc.