Windows 8 vs 7 ( 64 bit... )

• I greet all ... this is my first post :)

I recently purchased a Ti2 desktop.
    I use W7 64bit on a PC with Intel Q8400 processor and just 2GB of RAM ocz and SSD samsung 830 for OS and FL 10.0.9.
    The computer is very optimized (no firewall, antivirus, etc.), and I have no problems clicks or strange noises.
    ....Up to 30 tracks, I can not complain.

Now I want to invest in a new PC Intel (socket 1155 or 2011?) with i5-3570k or i7-3770k, in order to handle multiple tracks at greater speed.
    About the operating system are torn between the w7 and w8 ...

(Or I could switch to a Mac .. ? :thumbup:

Thank you all for the valuable advice ...
    Regards, Andrea

• Stick with windows 7 IMO.. its more stable, and i dont think Win 8 is yet supported (although it prob works fine) with Virus TI plugins.

I use a Intel Q8300 quad core with 6Gb RAM and it works fine and track count is ..well i have never yet exceeded my PC spec yet, even with loads of Effects running in Reaper DAW.. and i have exceeded 64 tracks! however, if i felt the need to upgrade today, i would go for Intel i7 processors and as much RAM as you can afford, along with the fastest biggest drive you could afford. Also remember, that SSD drives have a fantastic read speed, but their write speed is much less. and they also are available in a variety of specs for max I/O operations too... having said all that.. its nothing to worry about as most PCs these days are super fast as long as you stick with Quad cores... 64bit is better for use of the RAM you have installed too, as 32 Bit only recognises up to 4 Gb RAM..
    As for Mac??..well..i think their processors are way slower than what is available on PC platform, although stability and software is more consistantly reliable, but thats for another topic.

Hope that helped a little bit

^^

• Hello and thank you for your contribution.

I will probably upgrade via the socket 2011 and i7 prcessore 3820, as many recommend their 1155 platform with intel 3770k

In fact, Apple provides greater operational stability and less trouble on the daily operations.

We'll see if Access will support Windows 8.

The interaction between software, midi devices, sound cards, latency frankly often becomes cause for anger and stress.

Sometimes I would go back to multitrack recording, without support of any DAW .... :evil: