"Headphones" output is mono (TI2 Desktop)

• i've connected the virus to my laptop, set the "audio out" to virus ti (according to manual) and plugged in my headphones.
    i can't tell whether it's both channels in mono or just one of L or R, but it's definitely not stereo.

has anybody encountered such problem when trying to set up virus as soundcard? ?(

• thanks for reply,
    i play thru the virus socket, i'm on osx 10.7.5 and it has no options when i select virus ti as my main output source neither on ableton audio settings, nor in my system preferences.
    output is "usb1 L+R" in my AU "virus ti" plug-in, or is the Virus control you're talking about is somewhere else? ?(

btw i'm on "akg k240 studio" if it's any relevant

• Hmmm.. i notice the AKG K240 headphones have a 3.5mm jack... so i assume you are using an 1/4" adaptor on them to plug into the virus...? is it a Mono or stereo adaptor? and is it screwed or pushed in all the way on the headphone to adaptor part? as this can cross the connections inside the adaptor and create a mono signal if not inserted correctly. Make sure the adaptor plug is stereo. if it was supplied with the headphones it will be a stereo one.

Also..Virus control im refering to is what is loaded into your DAW so you can edit the Virus...and the USB settings are in there for stereo, or any other routings...top right!...

To confirm its NOT your headphones, simply plug into a hifi or iPod etc see if stereo is coming out..if it is..then its config problems with your software.

Hope that helps

8)

• just tried another pair of headphones, and it stereo works fine with them.
    the adaptor plug on AKG's is screwed on the small jack and it was supplied with the headphones, so i expected it to be ok, maybe there's something wrong with the wire, it's a hundred years old and has been resoldered multiple times, so who knows...

anyway, nice to know there's nothing wrong with my virus :thumbup:
    thanks