New User, Help Please =)

• First off, I'd like to introduce myself. I go by Doper Than Blow, and I have been producing music for 12 years now. Mostly rap, and r&b. I just got my Virus TI Snow today, and I'm very excited but having a few issues which are probably due to being a newbie. I've hooked my Virus up via midi to my MPC2000XL. I'm not getting a response when using my midi controller, every now and then a random note will play, and it won't stop. For example an arp will start playing, and it won't stop until I turn the unit off. It will just drag on whether it's a sound or arp. I would like to control and sequence the virus with the mpc, thus far I have not even been able to browse thru the presets because of what I just explained. All my other equipment is working and responding just fine.

• This seems to be cropping up more and more...its a midi note off command not being received in the Virus, usually through USB. try it with physical midi connections on rear of Virus using 5 pin din leads and see if that cures it... if so, get in touch with Virus Support... theres a few peeps on here with same or similar issues :wacko: look up "ghost notes" in the topics in these forums. Good Luck.
    Also..in the meantime...to stop midi notes being transmited or mute the virus..press "Mono/Sync" buttons simultaniously, also known as "Panic" in greyed lettering...

• This was happening when I only had a midi cable connected.

Could be a faulty midi-cable? As for usb I've had less trouble with mine after switching the usb-port to the one thats listed in the top of the system profiler on my mac. I know thats not your problem though.

• It works when I plug a midi cord directly from a keyboard or mpc, but it doesn't work correctly when I put it in a chain. I have to put it last in the midi chain due to it not having a midi thru. Any more ideas?