A scam warning to all Virus users

• I love my Virus TI Snow! I clicked "Like" on Virus products on Facebook, and then began to receive pop-up advertisements for third parties creating and selling synth patches for Virus Ti synthesizers. Bought some really nice ones called Creative Solutions Bundle from a guy named Andy Robert. Couldn't be happier with them.

Then a popup ad arrived from a website called "TranceMidiSamples.com", with a message saying to like them on Facebook and receive a voucher for discounts on their synth patches. I went to their website, found several patch bundles that looked appealing, and decided I would order. I liked "TranceMidiSamples.ccm" and registered on their site. Checked my email and got an bot produced response indicating I was now registered with their site, but no voucher. Starting the order process, and figured I would use their PayPal link for the purchase. Put two bundles in the shopping cart which were priced at $30 each before discount. Then the next screen asked for my voucher number, which I didn't have. Went back to their Facebook page, and found that someone had asked how to get the voucher after "liking them on Facebook". The response was truly non-responsive, something like "Glad you like our products." I went back to their website and sent email to [email protected], asking about how to get the voucher so I could place the order. Got an automated response, that said they would respond to my email as soon as possible. Two days later, no response at all. I decided I wouldn't place the order until I got the promised voucher. Then I decided to proceed further in checking the various links on their website. That's when things became very interesting. The testimonials link showed no testimonials. The "About Us" link said, "This page could not be loaded". The terms and conditions link (you are required to agree to their terms and conditions to place an order, said, "Rule 1, Rule 2, Rule 3, Rule 4, but no actual rules listed. Practically every single link on their website was blank. No location for the company, no phone number. Now it seemed apparent that this site is most likely fraudulent. I contacted PayPal and shared this story, and they said they would begin investigating it immediately. Made a personal contact with a friend who is a special agent with the FBI and he urged me to file a criminal complaint for fraud at http://www.IC3.gov, which I am in the process of doing. Contacted Access Music directly and they informed me they had never heard of this site but would be watchful for others who might be similarly solicited.
    Little doubt in my find that this is a scam. I decided to go as far as I could go in their order screens without actually providing a credit card or logging into Paypal to complete the order. Things only got worse. They added sales tax, which by law in the U.S. is determined by what state you live in. In my case, that would be 7%. When I clicked the button to calculate the amount due, the sales tax charged was $12 instead of $4.20 on the full price total of $60. Please don't allow yourself to get scammed by these people. I have little doubt that had I gone ahead and placed the order, I would have received nothing at all, and they would have defrauded me. Granted, Paypal transactions are protected, but who wants to go through the hassle of waiting to get your money back. A word to the wise, be careful!

• I've used Trancemidisamples.com before.
    I purchased the "Trance behind the brain" access virus soundset and didn't seem to have any problems at all other than that the site wouldn't work correctly with Opera browser.
    I used Explorer and it was fine..
    They also regularly email with offers.
    Are you warning of an impersonation scam or the actual real Trancemidisamples.com?
    little bit worried now, but my purchase was sometime ago and I've never had anything bad happen to my paypal etc.
    Watching this thread with interest.

• Wow, today one needs an attorney and special FBI agents among the personal friends just in order to like a musical instrument safely.

Seriously, what do you expect from facebook? This is no private university network anymore as it used to be, but a company with economic interests. Their shares are out and trade at stock already, aren't they? I see no need to inform a private US company about my likes and my business, like many "modern" people obviously do, when they show interest for new goods, material and even start negotiations about business activity and freelancer projects as I have seen recently. If they want to make money by trading based on such information, they have to search for it themselves.