RAR achive of installer fails constantly.

• Hello folks, thanks for reading this post.

Absolute Virus newbie here. Haven't even powered the beast up yet. This is because the sheet that came with it requests me to install the software on my PC first.

Here's the problem though; the RAR archives always come up with an error ('C:\INSTALL FILES\ACCESS VIRUS\Virus TI Software Installer_v45300_x86.zip: Unexpected end of archive
    ') and won't decompress. I've downloaded them eight times now in the hope that it was simply a transfer error.

Would someone kindly suggest another source of the software or a fix please? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Xander.

Oh PS: If anyone would like to shoot me this software in an already installable format, I can create them an FTP account via work, no problemo.

• Hi Flabberbob.

Thank you so much for your response. I've tried WinRAR, 7zip and Windows' own unpacker... same result each time. I've tried both 5.03.00 and 4.53.00.

I downloaded a slightly older public beta archive (5.00.1.0) and that decompressed just fine, so goodness knows what's going on with the newer ones.

However, I do at least have software on the machine and it comes up in Cubase. Today I'll grab meself a dedicated USB port and hopefully the road will become a little smoother. :)

Thanks again!
    Xander.

• Latest update.

Virus TI Software Installer_v41105_x86.zip - will not unpack.
    Virus TI Software Installer_v45300_x86.zip - will not unpack.
    Virus TI Software Installer_v50010_x86.zip - unpacks successfully.
    Virus TI Software Installer_v50300_x86.zip - will not unpack.

After following the instructions precisely and to the letter, this 5.00.1.0 software seemed to work and updated the Virus' OS and patch banks. However, this was on a shared USB port so today I went and got a dedicated USB card for the virus. Of course it didn't work so I cleared the system out using Revo Uninstaller and went for another kick of the cat using the new card. But now during install I get the message to connect and power up the Virus, and the PC dings when I do. But when I click 'OK', it tells me it's 'rolling back action' and I then get 'Virus TI Software Suite Setup ended prematurely'. It gives the reason as 'an error' and doesn't allow me to go any further.

If anyone could please help me I would very much appreciate it. Or, I could just send the thing back and redeem my two grand. Whatever.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Xander.

PS. No joy on the shared USB port any more.

• Latest update.

Did a full system restore back to the beginning of the month. Went through and religiously deleted all references to the Access Virus from the system.

Same result; software ends prematurely.

• Hey Flabberbob.

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Bl**dy hell, yesterday I was reaching the point of pulling out what little hair I have left! :)

I did indeed contact Access Music support and I got the confirmation so I guess they'll get back to me and we'll see what happens then. Interesting about the corrupted install files, I wonder what on Earth causes that. Anyway thanks for your help pal, I appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Xander.