Browsing Patches

• Now I might be being really dumb here (it has been known), but I can't seem to find a way to browse certain categories within one bank.
    Say I have a patch bank called Dave. Within Dave, I want a lead sound, and I want it to come from Dave as I know it's an awesome bank. The only way I can see of doing this is selecting a sound, going to "common" to see what category it is, then switch back. Very time consuming. Filtering by category in the browser seems to filter across all of your banks.
    So if this isn't possible, can you stick it down as a feature request? Ta.

• Kipster: I hope you don't mind me trying refine your post into a feature request - currently, when a search is performed in VC, the user has a choice of three views from the drop down menu: (1) The banks on the user's physical unit (2) The banks in the patch folder (3) The search results. How about adding the following feature: while the search is still active, but the user is not browsing the search results, just a bank from options (1) and (2), highlight in some way those patches that fall into the results of the currently active search.

• muzikman2008 : Dave is my bank, not my category. If I hit the minus button whilst on my search results, it will go back to my last user bank but not show which ones are of category Lead...
    flabberbob : You got it. Yeah, it would be nice to select a user/system bank and have those that match the current category filter in bold or something. Then it'd be easy to see which patches in the chosen bank match your required category...

• Or even expand the functionality of the text search to search across bank name as well as patch name. Then I could put Dave in the text field, Lead as my category, then it'd find all Leads in Dave... Not a euphamism :D

• Ha ha, an argument for making the searching better IS that there are over 3000 sounds! It's also harder coz the name length is limited to what, 10 characters? Which makes the category even more important so it'd be really nice to improve this functionality...

• Hi guys,

Do you know some way to browing the Virus TI library just like another simple softwares like Native Instruments Family?

I mean, when you select "Lead" categories, you have at least 8 pages of 128 patches to know and to test.

A easy way to find by subcategories just like : " Lead -> Digital - > High Energy - > Dance Music"

Or something like...just to explore between the textures the Virus have.

Thanks!