Virus indigo II click

• Hi I used the search to see if anyone else had this issue but its difficult to find.

I hope someone can help me. There is a nasty click when I trigger a note, here are the details.

Blank patch.
    1 osc (waveform irrelevant)
    All filters, FX, Overdrive etc etc off

The headphone output sounds fine but all the main outputs have a click on each retrig of the envelope.

Turning the attack up kind of helps but if notes are played legato in mono mode the click appears when the env is retrigged. So this is not a fix.

Does anyone have any experience of this or know of an old thread which might help? I am interested in any kind of fix as I love this synth. :)

Thanks in advance.

• Besides Flabberbobs comment I would also check the Mono Mode you have chosen, as some Mono Modes tend to retrigger envelopes purposely while others don't. You might want to change this if you don't want the envelope to be retriggered. Mono Modes 3 and 4 will not retrigger envelopes.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Hi, Thanks for getting back.
    I have tried the mono modes and these make no difference which makes me think its an oscillator issue.
    Also tried punch which seems to do very little.
    By OSC 2 trigger offset do you mean the start phase? I tried this and it doesn't help.

Im thinking that there is a spike on osc start or maybe more likely a spike caused by note on at the d-a's. I suspect this as the headphone output sounds fine. I will record it and have a look at the wave to help me to see what is happening.
    The question now is that if its a hardware fault how can I source it and can it be fixed?

Thanks for the ideas. It helps with the thought process.

• Well. Having looked at it scientifically on a Saturday afternoon the problem is solved.

I went through and recorded some sin waves to have a look and changed some settings as I went. Turns out the headphone output was a red herring and exactly the same as the rest.

A combination of Phase init set to 1 and Punch set to 0 have solved the problem. Last week I must have been doing each of these but never both together. (the init patch I have has punch set to 64 and phase init set to off.)

Thanks again for your thoughts and help. Now I can get some Elektron A4 fatness with Virus as sine sub. 8o :thumbup: