All my standalone ROM banks seem to have changed from TI2 to TI versions

• I've just noticed that when I'm using my TI2 standalone, all my ROM banks have now changed to the same ones found in the Virus TI Factory Backup option. When I'm using VC within Logic, all the ROM banks are the same as the ones in the Virus TI2 Factory Backup option.

Standalone ROM A1 is T I BC

VC plugin ROM A1 is 3-Dumm HS

Are the standalone & VC ROM banks not meant to be the same? I thought that was why it always takes the plugin a few minutes to start up when you first connect the Virus to a different computer, so VC can read the memory from the hardware.

If I change all the standalone ROM banks back to match the VC version, will this keep on changing back to the old TI version whenever I install a new update?

I'm using the latest OS 5.0.3.0

• Hi Flabberbob, it's been a while my friend :)

I think I'm looking in the right place, I've attached a screenshot of where I'm looking in VC

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4290/screenshot20130329at113.png]

I've also attached a screenshot of the Logic multi instrument I have had set up for a while, I was using this when I realised the standalone banks had changed.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4290/screenshot20130329at113.png] It took me a long time to set those multi instruments up, there's so many banks I've had to do it over 2 multi instruments, I went through every standalone ROM patch one by one until it was complete :wacko:

The lower pane in this screenshot lists what I'm now finding in standalone ROM A

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4290/screenshot20130329at113.png]

The long loading time I mentioned isn't the "white lights in a circle" thing, whenever I connect my Virus to a different computer, the first time I use VC I will see a screen with a Virus image on it & a loading bar. The message says something like "Syncing memory, this will only take a few minutes" & the display on the Virus counts up through all the RAM & ROM banks.

If I am looking in the right place for the VC ROM banks, I'm wondering if the ROM banks may have got confused whilst using my Virus on a couple of different machines, or if this change has happened with one of the recent OS updates, or if it's none of the above & I'm just being a bit dumb. Whatever the problem is, I'd prefer to have the standalone ROM banks matching my Logic multi instruments without me having to manually go through every patch editing the list in the multi instruments.

• Well sometimes I had this problem but I sorted out having the Virus flood with a lot of external banks, I removed them all just few selected and it's not switching banks anymore.

Hope it can help you figure out.

• I'm having the same problem. About to try backing up and restoring as has been suggested to see if that works.

• I had the same problem, and found out it has to do with VCC Restor Facory Settings...

Virus Control Center "Restore Factory Settings" loads wrong ROM banks on TI2 Desktop and Polar

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I had the same problem, and found out it has to do with VCC Restor Facory Settings...

that's a misunderstanding. there is an old set of ROM patches and a new set. both, the TI and the face lifted version internally called TI2 can use the old and the updated version of the ROM patches. virus control center seems to install the old revision, that's all. both, the old and new banks are available from within Virus Control (and also Virus Control Center).

• that's a misunderstanding. there is an old set of ROM patches and a new set. both, the TI and the face lifted version internally called TI2 can use the old and the updated version of the ROM patches. virus control center seems to install the old revision, that's all. both, the old and new banks are available from within Virus Control (and also Virus Control Center).

Then maybe there's a misunderstanding in addition to the bug. The end result is confusing anyway: After a VCC Restore Factory Seetingts, the hardware has the v1 set of ROM patches, while VC shows (and loads) the v2 set of ROM patches. You should try it once. It's fun ;)

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+