Its starting to drive me a little bit crazy....

• Hi guys,

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6.8, 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 Gb Ram
    DAW: Logic Pro 9
    Virus: TI Polar running OS 5

Ok, so I'v had my virus for nearly 2 weeks now and I'v had loads of fun playing with it and creating new patches. As I gained complete confidence with the outboard interface I started my first song project with it running from USB as a VST and It worked absolutely fine at first . As the project started getting more and more complex I started running into midi sync errors, noise crackes and so on... Logic tells me I have conflicting settings with the virus sometimes and sometimes it doesnt (I set it up exactly as I was told to (small buffer range, 256 buffer size etc..). Its getting to the point where its becoming so destructive towards work flow that its driving me nuts and I'm this close to throwing it out of the window... Which I would if it didn't cost me an arm and a leg...

If any one has any solutions please help, its a great machine, but man does it have some big issues...

• what's the exact error message you see in logic?
    marc

• I have the same problem.. i cant get it to sync properly. i´ve tried different USB ports back front. Changed USB cord.

I´m also considering geting rid of it couse of this,, this is nuts.

Sometimes it syncs fine sometims it doesnt.. and even the automations is out of place.. if i want to tweak lets say a pitch bend from point 1 to point 4. i have to paint the automation line a bit before where i actually want to it pitch bend. this is not acceptable

Ive tried using it with ordinary midi and then everything syncs fine.. except the automations for cutoff and all the other stuff doesnt work.. just the basic pitchbend and so on work..

When I use Virus Control and only use t he OUT L + R it´s seems to work but then all the audio is a mili seconds before.. so after I record i have to manually zoom in at t he audio file and cut exactly where the audio starts.. this is not something i wanna do either.. please help a fellow musician!!

MAC pro 2008
    Motu UlraLite mk2
    TI2

• nevarakka: seems like your problem is due to wrong delay compensation settings, and not USB bandwidth. Does the Virus tutorial project exhibit the same behavior? I also suggest checking the plugin delay compensation settings.
    In any case, if you wish to automate controls in standalone mode (not through VC), replace the plugin parameter automation with the appropriate MIDI CC and sysEx automation. For the fullest available list of those, I recommend searching the Virus C manual to which the Virus TI is backwards compatible.
    Hope this helps.

• Hi guys,

I just bought a new iMac 2.7 ghz quad core i5 running Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and its still having problems.

Now i get a white noise static sound whenever i plug and unplug the usb to the virus.

There is also latency even when theres one channel in the project with the just virus loaded on it .

I have also tried using different usb inputs, from my mac and also having the virus alone on a 7 input usb hub.

Here is a screenshot of my Audio settings on Logic:

http://i46.tinypic.com/swepdx.png