Virus TI2 set up with an elektron actatrack- hardware sequencer/sampler - being the host/mixer

• Hi! Me again! So, I have just purchased an Octratrack! awesome bit ofkit, although I just can't seem to be able to get my synth and the octatrack to work, I have read the manual with the octatrack, and have also tried to seach for videos either from access or elektron, I just can't seem to find anything that helps me. I am told that I need to turn virus to local 'off' and that I need to ensure that the synth receives midi data on channel 1. I can't actually see an obvious section in the config of the virus which tellsme if receivin or sending? I have tried to edit obvious things like the global channel- omni channel midi etc etc. I dodn't get the proper owners manual with the virus either- just a start up guide which is very basic. Does anyone on here use hardware sequencers and know how to help? What woud be great is a step 1. step 2. step 3 etc! I am sure its probably something simple and I am being a muppet, but have read most of the boo for the octarack etc and just can't figure it out....

PLEASE HELP :(

• Regarding documentation, the full manuals are available in digital form either from the TIOS installation on your computer, or for download from the support section of the Access site.
    Regarding your setup, how are the two connected? To each other using a MIDI cable or both to a computer? I personally prefer the first option since with a computer (a) you need a DAW or some other MIDI aware SW to make the routing between the instruments and (b) both the octatrack and the DAW used are sequencers and might conflict with each other. With the first option just set the Virus in sequencer (=single+multi) mode or even multi mode, if you find splitting/layering useful. Local control doesn't matter. Connect the octatrack MIDI out to the Virus MIDI in, and make sure both focus on the same part as you assign patches and make adjustments.
    Good luck!

• Hi, thanks for the continued support by the way! I forgot to thank you before! I am using without a DAW- Just the virus and the octotrack, using the octotrack to sequence from the virus. I know that the multi channel works in software too which was awesome, any idea how I will get the multi channels to play through the Octatrack?

Do you mean the 'global' channel in config? to match to the same as the track number of the octatrack?

Cheers

• I would start checking with Virus in sequencer mode which is more straight forward, and then move on to multi, where you can disable/enable parts, limit their note range and choose which MIDI channel they respond to (shift+edit, and also store to save the multi one satisfied). Also make sure that MIDI and power are the only cables connected. A connected USB cable changes the functionality of the Virus.
    Also, by focus I meant the channel/part you are currently editing.