NO AUDIO via USB (Ti mk1, Cubase 4.5.2, M-Audio NRV10 FW Mixer & i/o)

• current Ti OS - 3.2.0.07

Hi guys,

Having no luck using virus Ti mk1 as a VST (on a PC, Windows XP Home SP2 via Cubase 4.5.2).

I can get audio if i route through output1 of the VC software, but lots of latency and sync issues.

I've plugged the Ti into my Macbook running Logic, and that worked first time, so i know it works.

Maybe down to the M-Audio NRV10 FW mixer/interface I use, as I'ev tried all the installers, changing usb ports and cables..pretty much out of ideas now.

I found this person who had a very similar problem with a Mackie FW mixer and Windows 7....
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2214259

I've also tried loading the demo song when the Virus is set up as the soundcard, but no audio is coming out the headphone output, so I guess thats not working either (though that windows error "bleep" noise still comes out of the NRV10)

Please can someone sort a newbie out....I wanna get tweaking :)

Thanks in advance

** PLEASE DON'T SEND ANYTHING TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS ON MY PROFILE, THATS THE PREVIOUS OWNER.. JUST PM PLEASE DIRECTLY IF NEED BE. THANKS **

• Hello there,
    What other USB devices are connected to this PC setup besides the TI and mouse/keyboard?
    And what failure message does the Virus TI Control PlugIn show or does the PlugIn basically load fine but you simply get no audio from it into the Cubase mixer?
    Any further details can be helpful.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Hi Jorg,

I have a USB hub (bus powered) and a USB mouse plugged in to the tower.

The TI control panel loads normally in Cubase, but no USB audio come out (nothing shows on Cubase mixer meters apart from midi information).

I can get audio out of the output1 via the Control Panel, but only briefly before i get a red "Sync error" message at the bottom of the TI control panel. There is also a lot of latency.

When I turn a knob on the Virus, the knob on the Control Panel moves, so the computer is detecting some midi information from the Virus via USB.

Many thanks
    Alex

• i dont think you should be using a usb hub, as apparently this interferes with the virus, not sure if that only applies if the virus is plugged into the actual usb hub, read the manual, it should say.

• I think that relates to plugging the virus into the hub.

I have a ilok, Steinberg key and arturia key, as well as a usb mouse...so i can't not have a hub plugged in :(

• ahh, yeh, too many usb devices for your computer?! :P lol its a B@tch isnt it lol

umm, im having a similar sort of problem, my virus wont connect in certain projects and is annoying, id advise emailing support buddy. they know best :P

• go into the device settings for your sound card in your software application eg. cubase, fruityloops etc

look for audio settings for your soundcard, should be there somewhere.

once there, make sure the sound device is set to VIRUS TI ASIO Driver.

if it is set to some sort of DIRECT X audio driver it does not work properly, i had the exact same problem.

try it and let me know if it works.

when i changed my sound device settings from DIRECT X AUDIO to VIRUS TI ASIO - it worked properly without any timing or sound issues

Sam (SJR) :)

• I'm experiencing problems like this but IN NEW PROJECTS ONLY!!!
    it's so crazy, if i launch cubase (5.1) and open one of my old projects everything's gonna be ok, virus is working flawlessy.
    If i open a new one (created a few days ago, with virus running perfectly) i only get sync errors and no audio.... i must quit cubase, reinstall virus drivers and then everything's gonna be ok... of course it's ok till i shout down my computer and turn it on again the day after, same problem as described above!!!
    No problem if i start a new project, though... i get problems only when i'm opening it the day after.
    So crazy, isn't it?

Any ideas???

Stefano.