Virus TI2 delayed when bounced to audio....

• I have my Virus TI2 rack connected to my Mac Pro via usb (for midi and for audio).
    My soundcard is Metric Halo ULN2-2d.
    When I'm composing everything is just fine (but with the famous detuning bug exception randomly visiting), timing and sync are good when my sequencer (Logic) is in play mode or recording mode.
    But when I bounce the final mix to audio (often with only 1 Virus sound) the Virus part is delayed and not in sync.
    The fix is for me to bounce every single Virus part one at a time, then editing the region start manually so that everything is in the right place and then do the final mix bounce.
    I keep everything updated with the exception of using Mac OSX 10.7.5.
    What do you suggest? Am I doing something in the wrong way?
    Thank you

• If I understand the issue you're describing, I think you could add a slight bit of a buffer to the start of your song, effectively, start recording at measure 1, but start playing at measure 2,and everything would be in sync.
    Not sure if there's a better way to solve the issue than that, would like to know if there is.

• The fix is for me to bounce every single Virus part one at a time, then editing the region start manually so that everything is in the right place and then do the final mix bounce.

You could send your Virus parts to a record armed audio track, with no output selected, to render them as audio files. Once you are done, mute the Virus midi regions, disable the record arm & enable the outputs on the audio tracks before you bounce your main mix. The audio parts should be in exactly the right place for you this way.

• it must be a sequencer issue I think - cubase 6.5 x64 and my virus doesn't have this problem (I do sometimes have a problem with cpu overloads that are directly related to the virus and cause great big bumps in my workflow)

• Also, Add a bar at the beginning... This allows VC to get in sync before the bounce...

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416