Question about the Random mod source...

• Question for the programming gurus:

So I'm making a synth horn. Sounds great. I'm trying to make it a bit more analog by using AnaKeys 1 as a mod source. Sounds even better.

One last thing I want to do is use Random to have each note fire slightly different pitches. Easy enough to set up: Source: Random, Amount: +1, Dest: Osc 1 Pitch

Problem is, +1 is too much random for the pitch. I want something more like 0.3 - 0.5, not sure.

Is there anyway to pull this off?

• Perhaps try setting up either 1% Constant or 10% Constant to control the pitch, and then set Random to control that destination?
    If I understand correctly, that would reduce the influence of the Random source to that % of what it normally is - I could be mistaken in that though.

• Perhaps try setting up either 1% Constant or 10% Constant to control the pitch, and then set Random to control that destination?
    If I understand correctly, that would reduce the influence of the Random source to that % of what it normally is - I could be mistaken in that though.

Noct thanks so much for that idea! It worked!

So, say:

Slot #1
    Random -> 0 -> Osc 1 Pitch <== Leave amount at zero

Slot #2
    1% constant -> +5 -> Slot 1 Amount 1 <== 1% seems to do the trick at +5

Thanks again Noct!

• I did it the other way around, I'm not sure if both methods achieve the exact same result, but if it gets the effect you want, that's what matters.

Ah thanks Noct I'll try the other way round too and see if it's even better.