Logic Pro 9, Virus TI2 Polar - Multi-Part/Timbral

• Specs:
    Virus Firmware: OS 5.0.3

Hardware:
    Macbook Pro Retina 2.7ghz 16gb ram
    OS 10.8.3

I'm sure this is a simple problem with a rather simple solution but I can't seem to figure it out. I would like to create a multi-patch sound within the AU. For example, create a pad that plays a bell sound at the same time whenever I hit the desired note. I've tried creating a multi-timbral instrument but I still have to select each instrument in logic to play just one of the patches. So, on the left hand side of the AU there are 16 slots for parts/patches to be assigned. Is there a way - within the AU - to assign slots 1 and 2 to different patches that play at the same time?

Appreciate the help,
    D

• Seq mode, which is used by VC by default, has a fixed assignment where each part correspond to a unique MIDI Channel. Therefore, with Seq mode you're not able to make 2 different tracks to respond to the same MIDI Channel :(

While you can achieve just that (2 parts on the same MIDI Channel) with Multi mode, it may be overkill and would also complicate a little more your setup.

Therefore, I think the easiest solution is to just copy the track to both MIDI Channels.

Or check if Logic can automate this copy by doing some kind of reference to a single track ?(

Access Virus TI2 Polar Darkstar, Korg Kronos 88, Roland MB-8800 :thumbup:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MarPabl () aus folgendem Grund: Signature

• Thank you for the clarification. I thought that I may be able to save a little time by merging functions; but, it's not too bad having to do them separately.

Both of you have been very helpful and I appreciate the response.

D