Please implement this simple solution to help with Virus TI sync issues!

• I am not sure "fix it" is in any way shape or form a feature request that can be acted upon?..

Looking back through this thread, I do not actually see you extol a specific issue that you are attempting to overcome?.. after all, a standalone version of VC would be nice but its hardly a dire solution to download a lightweight and free VST host if that's the issue :)

If you are referring to and are having midi sync issues I am sure you are also aware that there are many (and probably the majority) people who do not. In this respect its a better thought to post your specific issue and setup in the troubleshooting thread to get assistance in a setup that works... for me it was simply to add a measure of silence at the start of the project...exactly as I have done for every other hardware synth these last 20 years.

• backwards and forwards.

no.

some of us are saying the issue is not with us.

the issue is with the virus ti and after years of reading the same issues being experienced by a lot of people i cant believe that it still needs to be spelled out over and over again.

there are considerable sync issues even when we have confronted numerous possibilities for them and eradicated any doubt that our system(s) are to be the cause but instead the virus TI system is the problem.

if i have to get into the specifics of the virus ti sync issues then obviously there is a great lack of awareness as to how screwed the virus ti can be.

dunno why. we been moaning since the beggining.

• my point is simply that "fix it' isn't something that anyone can address. "fix it" isn't even a feature request. if anything..its a bug :)

if during the R&D tests at Access the Virus showed good midi sync and lots of folks get midi sync without much issue using hardware sequencers and the DAWs that were tested, then what is "fix it" supposed to do?

So, given that posting "fix it" provides zero data for R&D to investigate and evaluate any potential bug, I suggest you contact virus technical support directly with specific issues. State your entire system & software specs and create some simple and easy scenario that shows midi sync failure all the time.

I am not saying that you are not seeing sync issues, simply saying that a) the Virus sync's fine with lots more folks than it may not, and b) to help yourself, get in touch with access directly and provide data that an engineer can evaluate. I have found them to be helpful, responsive and supportive.

regards

• Just wanted to revive this - so so frustrated with the sync issues and now that AAX sounds a long way out it seems like it's time to return the Virus and look for other options.

One more vote for fixing these problems.

• Access could atleast release VC as normal midi editor. It would solve all problems for people who have the Virus connected to audio interfaces.

Are you saying using the virus audio outs, then in to the audio ins on the interface? I use an audio interface but not in this way.

• I have an idea.
    How about every Virus TI owner with one of these multiple problems of either:

1) Timing problems
    2) Crashing problems
    3) Connectiivity issues

Get together and sue Access for a total refund to all customers under 'trade descriptions' laws.
    You know, if I bought say, a washing machine, and every 5 or 6 times I used it, it stopped working, I'm pretty sure I could sue the company - if hundreds of other people has the exact same problem, don't you think?

OR - Access FIX THIS MESS

- FIX your crappy arpegiators. Did anyone else notice - they don't even stay in time, when using the Virus 'standalone'!!
    In particular Arp 35. Do you hear those triplet notes, that never quite hit the right timing?! What is going on with that?
    THE VC VST crahses Cubase for me daily.

All they need to do is have a button that says 'Bypass Audio' on their VST - which turns it into a purely midi controller/librarian. Or fix the whole TI thing would be nice too.