C1 key has stopped playing

• Does it transmit note data from your midi out port?... if NOT... then it is probably your keyboard rubber membrane switch in need of a clean...

If it DOES transmit note data... then its a software related problem. try resetting your virus.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

'Thx for the reply. It sends aftertouch, but not the initial note on.

So, do You think I should open the Ti and check the "rubber membrane"? (see a lot of googleing & youtube in front of me in order to understand how it's done) :)

• Aftertouch works by a pressure sensitive strip that runs the full length of the keybed, and this should transmit whatever key you press, as its not on the same membrane as the note & Velocity switches, so it sounds like it is the rubber membrane contact on your C key. You just need to remove this membrane and clean ALL the full length and also the PCB contacts while you are at it.

Remove the keyboard and clean the entire rubber contacts that run along the PCB using methylated spirits. Being careful NOT to rub too hard, just wipe the contacts, or you could remove the carbon film on each note that connects the PCB to the membrane. Use a lint free cloth (so no bits of cloth remain on the areas you clean) also use a can of pressurised Air (Bay of E) to blow away any dust that could have built up. Reassemble and test.. Voila! you should now be working (including your "C" key

I have never removed a Virus keybed but have done on many others, and will be the same. Its a Fatar keybed, thats all i know....

Good luck 8)