Audio Problems

• Hi guys,

I'm a relatively new virus used and need a bit of advice.
    When i'm wanting to bounce audio from my Virus, I am daisychaining the output to a bus and recording internally. This works fine.

The only problem i'm having is that the audio that is recorded doesn't sound as pure and include as many harmonics as it does when played regularly. (checked via playback & comparison of audio and midi)

Would this be easily solved by recording the signal from the virus directly into my interface?

Thanks,

Chris.

• If you have effects on the virus channel, it could be that you are sending pre-FX to the bus. Another idea is that when you play 'regularly' both the Virus and the bus output to the main mix and augment each other, or in case of some phase difference, create a comb filter effect that changes to the harmonic content.
    Regarding the analog outs, some people prefer the sound of the Virus DAC, it's a matter of taste.
    Hope this helps!

• Hi Flabberbob,

I'll try removing all the FX on the synth patch before recording it.

I've also went and bought two jack-jack cables and will try to patch this into my existing interface and see if I can record it like that.

Thanks!

• Some of the Virus FX adds to the warmth of some of the Virus patches, so i would not discount the FX when recording, infact, i have just finished a session tonight, and the Virus FX are essential as part of its design... in my opinion.. recordings with original FX for each keyboard i use seem more "independent" in the mix some how, so i would definately use the Virus FX to its "quality" strengths if you was me...just my thoughts