Virus Control Audio Out

• I wonder if it would be easy (or even possible) for Access to release a version of Virus Control with all the USB audio functionality disabled, reporting zero latency to the DAW (thus not screwing up the delay compensation), working just as an editor and librarian over MIDI (not only vtimidi, should be able to control a Virus TI on any midi interface/port), just like Roland with their SH-201 editor plugin. Such a solution already exists, although it's unofficial and based on Ctrlr, and don't really know if it will continue to be maintained or for how long, yet it is of much help when trying to get rid of sync issues.

• I wonder if it would be easy (or even possible) for Access to release a version of Virus Control with all the USB audio functionality disabled, reporting zero latency to the DAW (thus not screwing up the delay compensation), working just as an editor and librarian over MIDI (not only vtimidi, should be able to control a Virus TI on any midi interface/port), just like Roland with their SH-201 editor plugin. Such a solution already exists, although it's unofficial and based on Ctrlr, and don't really know if it will continue to be maintained or for how long, yet it is of much help when trying to get rid of sync issues.

Um.....Developer has Already discussed and released here

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• Please do this Access... I know in your minds you think the Virus TI software functions correctly but for me it has never worked. I never use the TI portion of my Virus. When I attempt to use the TI Plugin it reports so much latency that all other plugins get messed up in every DAW that I own (Logic, Cubase, StudioOne). We just need the editor for strictly MIDI, no USB audio, its a simple request and I'm disappointed that it hasn't been done yet.

I recently purchased the Roland Integra 7 and its VST/AU integration works flawlessly, no crazy latency reporting to the DAW. Why is it so hard for the brilliant folks at Access to accomplish this also. You guys have created in my opinion the best synth ever but the software is absolutely unusable.

The only workaround for me has been to open the Virus Plugin in a external VST host outside of the DAW then route the audio back into the DAW. This way it doesn't report the crazy latency to the host screwing things up. I use apple mainstage for this but its not a perfect workaround so now I just use MIDI no TI software most of the time.

Thanks,

X

• It seems to me that this is already there?..

perhaps I am missing something here, but with Sonar x1/x2 a) I don't have a latency issue and b) if I don't wish to use USB audio I can direct the VC to send audio through the Virus outs and record through my audio interface...