Virus suddenly making garbled noise, not working - everything was fine

• Please help!

The Virus has been working great for a year, no problems at all.

This morning, I wake up, open my regular FL Studio project, and every single part is suddenly making garbled noise!! Nothing has changed. I've attached the MP3 with the noise. I verified that it's not the project -- for example, I started a brand new project, added the Virus TI, and same exact issue.

Again, nothing has changed with respect to sound cards or audio settings, everything seemed to be fine last night.

http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/32900809/file.html

What do I do???

• Thanks,

I actually got back to normal by doing a Windows System Restore (thank goodness!). Afterwards, it started working again.

So I need to understand what exactly could have happened, because I certainy don't want to get these unpleasant surprises on a random morning. As I said, yesterday everything was fine.

My theories - please comment on which one is more likely, keeping in mind that the Windows Restore fixed it:

1) A Windows Update, which got activated on shutdown of the PC last night, installed something which broke the TI or soundcard configuration;
    2) Some kind of malware/trojan/virus on the PC;
    3) 3 days ago I installed the Evaluation version of T-Racks 3, which I am still evaluating. It installed the VSTs and the Custom Shop standalone, which worked fine for 3 days, but it's possible some kind of soundcard configuration had been made, maybe it's part of how T-Racks works. I'm about to purchase it, but I certainly don't want to waste my money on something that can potentially break the Virus TI (if that is the culprit).

I don't have any other theories. Thanks

• Also, I checked in the Control center that I have the latest OS version: 4.5.3.00.

Maybe you should try creating a new Restore Point and try upgrading to 5.0.3 which has some nice new features.

Access Virus TI2 Polar Darkstar, Korg Kronos 88, Roland MB-8800 :thumbup: