CPU overload on export - Cubase 6.5

• I have this problem a lot with the virus - I'm doing a real-time export and the sounds I use are heavy on the DSP. The tracks tend to play back fine in real-time although I am certain that there are a few notes being lost due to the lack of polyphony when playing complex sounds (it really can get down to being about three notes at once if you have complex sounds)

my issue is that I'm happy with the occasional note being lost, and in fact sometimes my arrangements make use of it, but when it comes to export the virus just messes up my workflow.

Usually I have to solo out virus tracks and export them to a wav file before I have any hope of exporting correctly and even then, If I've pushed a sound past the polyphony limit (or at least towards it) I constantly get cpu overload errors which stop the export. I generally have to thin the part down and export in two takes. This is extremely frustrating and means I have little motivation to finish songs as I know the export is going to be a nightmare. It takes hours to get a track to the state where I can export it when the Virus is involved - I have no issues when it isn't involved.

Is there any way around this? (apart from recording the live outs, which isn't going to happen as this is just a work around rather than a solution)

is anyone else having similar issues?

The best solution for me would be that VC dealt with export as a true VSTi and did the DSP calculations in non-real time, either on the host CPU or on the virus hardware. I can only think of this enforced limitation as protection of hardware sales,but there must be some way of using the virus as a super dongle in non-real time export mode.

i am also aware that this behavior shouldn't really be happening and it's possible that my hardware configuration is to blame, but every other aspect of the VC and Virus works just fine.

any help would be appreciated

T

• Post your specs....

There are several threads aroun da interwebz. on this...
    It's happened to me before. One thing I did was raise my buffer setting.

Also, i have beaten that horse when it comes to the lack of power our synth has. How can 1 patch consume almost the full DSP??? That's insane..ugh. anyway. also make sure you have nothing else open during export...NOTHING.

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• bouncing in realtime and playback are exactly the same. there is no additional load when you bounce in realtime.
    as for the overloads, those happen inside your sequencer. virus control (which is the connection to your sequencer) does not behave differently when a few or many notes are being calculated. all it does is forwarding the audio from the virus to your sequencer.
    im pretty sure your problem is solvable. please contact access support by email. we will take a look at your hardware configuration and also the USB layout.
    best, marc