Original TI tips - front panel (and also big thank you to access!)

• Hi,
    Im in the process of getting used to my TI mark 1 which I bought used, and Im really loving it!

I tend to use the TI front panel rather than virus control, so when I was looking for the new effects in OS 5, I looked in the appendum and it said they could be accessed via the OTHERS effects menu,
    which the TI doesn't have.... so I was disappointed UNTIL I found out you could access it by pressing the filter EDIT button twice!!!
    So I started playing with other buttons, to see what was not labelled, with double presses and also shift and there are quite a few!!!
    (I understand why, as presumably these did not exist when TI was released)

So first, Id like to send a big thanks to Access, for adding these to the original TI front panel... it would have been easier to not add, and say its a new model thing, but you took extra time and effort - kudos and thanks!!!

Next, has someone documented these 'extras' ? If so perhaps you could post a link.

If not, then I will start compiling a list, and post them here for others to enjoy

Thanks again Access!

BTW, does anyone have any tips for selecting patches from panel
    I know the standard ones, using search.. and shift V2, shift V3. ( shift V1 doesnt work) - but perhaps faster stepping thru search, values
    also, is there any way to load quickly load multi? e.g. load all parts with same patch? (again from front panel)

• ok, decided I need the list for myself, these are just controls that were'nt immediately obvious to me, but I think are very useful :o)
    let me know if you know any other useful shortcuts.

General
    hold +, hold - , release + =selects max value
    hold -, hold + , release = = selects min value

press + and - together = select default value

press and hold +, press and hold - = increase value quickly
    press and hold -, press and hold + = decrease value quickly

if navigation by page - then Shift + param = next field
    if navigation by field - then Shift + param = next page

ARP
    None

Matrix
    Sh+Select = reverse order

Modulators
    Edit/Edit = toggle LFO & Edit Destination (current LFO)
    Sh+Shape = reverse order

Oscillators
    Edit/Edit = common/noise/ring mod
    Sh+Mono = key mode

Mix
    Access light = flashes for original value

Filters
    Sh+Filter Balance = Unison Spread %
    Sh+Flt1 = Analog Filter Mode
    Sh+Flt2 = Filter Routing
    Edit = Filter Env -> Amp Env -> Saturation -> Filter 1 -> Filter 2 -> Common

Effects - Upper Row
    Delay, Sh+time = colour, Sh+FB=damping
    Reverb, Sh+time = colour, Sh+FB=damping

Effects - Lower Row
    Edit/Edit = other effects : vocoder, input follower, filter bank

Main LCD Panel
    Sh+Transpose = semitone transpose
    Sh+Tap = Midi Transmit dump
    Sh+Multi or Single = seq mode

Multi mode….
    Sh+Parameter = selects bank for current part
    Sh+Value - nothing (well does normal action of changing mutli program) (id hoped this would select program)
    \

• Not sure if this holds true for the original TI, but at least on the TI2 (edit: in Single Mode) you can hit Shift-Parameter to switch between fields in menu pages instead of entire pages as Parameter does.
    That may have been obvious, but I didn't notice it until I searched for a way to make a field active without changing it.

• Level up to maximum by holding the Value ‘+’ button, then the Value ‘-’ button. Release ‘+’ before you release ‘-’. Once you get the hang of it, you won’t go straight for the Value knob every time you need minimum or maximum values.

• thanks for adding,
    noct, yes this works on original TI too...
    though ive switch in the menu to use navigation by field - this means param goes to next field and sh-param goes to next page.

poly, one for you + and - together reset to a default value.

I'll add these to the above post for completeness. thanks again

• though ive switch in the menu to use navigation by field - this means param goes to next field and sh-param goes to next page.

I decided last night that navigation by page is better for how I work. I use REL knob behavior so when I need the cursor on 1 of the 3 page parameters, a slight twist of the soft knobs gets me there with only a small increment of difference if any. And usually when using the + or - buttons, rather than a dedicated knob, you are looking for tiny changes anyhow.