Issue with Cubase 7 and /or M Audio Midi Keyboard...

• Hi everyone,
    Since I have installed Cubase 7 I seem to have an issue with my Virus TI Midi behavior.
    Hardware involved
    PC Running Cubase 7 latest Version
    · M-Audi Midi Keyboard with latest drivers
    · Virus TI desktop with latest OS
    Issue Description:
    My Virus TI is open as a Midi Channel, and when I play midi note on my M-Audio keyboard it often freezes the note, as if it was on Hold.
    Sometimes it does other Midi weird behavior, such as random portamento or slide… L
    What I have noticed:
    I have checked in my Virus TI setup, and I’ve notice that if the sound I’ve chosen is on POLY, the issue is gone.
    Every other choice than POLY makes the problem ( Mono 1, Mono 2 etc)
    Of course choosing to put every sounds in POLY is not a solution, has anyone a guess for a fix?
    Thank you all!
    Alex

• Hi, thanks for your reply, here is my set up , all drivers are the most recent you can get :

-Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit , licensed.
    -Cubase 7 64 bit, version 7.0.4, licensed.
    -Virus TI Desktop version OS 5.0.4.02
    -M-Audio Midi Keyboard Oxygen61, with driver 1.3.0 for Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
    -RME Fireface 400 Sound Card with drivers 3.0.73.0

I have now uninstalled all drivers and re-installed all drivers, tried different USB port for the Virus TI, tried at different latency (not 1024 because the Virus won't take it) but the issue persist:

My Virus (and only the Virus) will hold notes (or have other midi weird behaviors) if I play notes on the M-Audio keyboard. All other VST are playing fine.

I did not have the opportunity to try with a different Midi keyboard, I need to borrow one just for the test...

:cursing: any suggestions are welcome!

• are you using virus control?
    if you are, i reported a similar issue here: Stuck notes - virus control (though is on mac osx, so quite different)

If you are using virus control... have you tried using midi directly to the virus?
    (i.e. set up a midi channel in cubase, with input from your keyboard and output to the virus - does it do the same?)

one thing i would point out, if you are using patches with low sustains levels/sustain slopes - it could be poly is not actually solving the issue, but its just that the behaviour is less noticeable, as it doesnt stop new notes being played etc.

• And here are the results:

1) "Try to record a phrase that ends up with stuck notes on the Virus into a MIDI clip. Do any notes get stuck when played back from the clip (to a Virus vs. to a softsynth)?"

-> No, the note are not stuck when I play back from the clip.

2) "set up a midi channel in cubase, with input from your keyboard and output to the virus"
    -> As simple as it sounds, it fixed the issue! :D Instead of using ALL MIDI INPUT, I chose M AUDIO INPUT and ta-daaam it works....

For my defense I always used all midi input, and it always worked very fine until I installed Cubase 7, something to remember!

Thanks a lot Thetechnobear & Flabberbob for your help and support :thumbup: