USB 2 high speed update to ALL Virus synths

• Would it be possible for Access to have a hardware update that is easily implemented by the service centres to update the USB2 to USB 2 HIGH SPEED specs?? May solve a lot of issues with the TI setup and also allow for more advanced future software upgrades. Can't be too hard to bring the Virus on par with most of the hardware USB controllers. :thumbup:

• i would love to know the deep dark mystery of why this never happened?? i mean, not remotely in a cynical way, id just like to know why or how its not possible to code the protocol for USB2 data transfer to and from a TI??
    does it just completely fold and crash when you guys have beta tested data send at that rate?? what is the hold up that meant the TI2 etc never got this treatment.

i was searching around for a decent second hand TI and ended up going for a new TI2 on the basis i believed this was USB2 compliant. now i realise it means the ports themselves are capable but the firmware itself hasnt been coded to make this possible so we're stuck with 1.1
    i think its safe to assume half he developed world would want to have your babies if you pulled this off and let us have full un abridged USB2 or even USB3 data handling. id name my son after you. he wouldnt like it, but it would happen lol

• the sync issues are not to do with the fact the units are usb 1.1. even a perfectly set up virus on its own 1.1 bus with lots of bandwidth will have sync issues due to the way the timecode info is transmitted along the usb.

the whole system need redoing top to bottom. ive spent hours trying to fix TI issues. i now just use soft synths

• the sync issues are not to do with the fact the units are usb 1.1. even a perfectly set up virus on its own 1.1 bus with lots of bandwidth will have sync issues due to the way the timecode info is transmitted along the usb.

the whole system need redoing top to bottom. ive spent hours trying to fix TI issues. i now just use soft synths

*shrug* I make my own arps via midi so this isn't a problem for me. I actually almost never have sync issues with mine or the speed up/slow down that some users complain about. I just want to see an increase in the mount of bandwidth available.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Off the top of my head, 24 bits per sample × 48kHz × (6 outs + 2 ins) = 9.216 Mbps
    Add Midi/automation stream and it still keeps it well under 10Mbps, while USB1.1 high speed maxes out on paper at 12Mbps. Problem is, USB is jittery and does not stream at a constant pace. Hence you need a buffer and a dedicated hub that goes straight into PCI.
    Please correct if I got it wrong.

• Off the top of my head, 24 bits per sample × 48kHz × (6 outs + 2 ins) = 9.216 Mbps
    Add Midi/automation stream and it still keeps it well under 10Mbps, while USB1.1 high speed maxes out on paper at 12Mbps. Problem is, USB is jittery and does not stream at a constant pace. Hence you need a buffer and a dedicated hub that goes straight into PCI.
    Please correct if I got it wrong.

USB is jittery... Then how come USB sound cards don't have problems like this?