Lfo Rate unstable?

• Dear Virus Users,

I make experience of two Issues on my TI 1. I have Install OS 5.3.

1. The Lfo- rate, especially at higher rates and in the multi-mode, is unstable and varies (at rate 127) randomly?
    No key Follow or other Modulator goes to the Lfo- rate!

For Example: Start from Init-Patch > Osc Balance to Zero > Lfo1 Osc1 Amt to 127 > Lfo1- Rate to 127> then play some Notes and make some Experiments with the Lfo Rate.

2. Vel -Osc2 Shape Parameter has no Effect on Osc 2.

It´s buggy???:huh:

Any experience?

best,

Chris

• Re. 1 - Being a virtual analog synth, the Virus probably imitates the tendency of analog LFO-s to be unstable. The analog boost character on the FX1 page controls some of these instabilities so you might want to reduce it. If it doesn't we can hope Access can implement a 'digital boost' character that can gradually shake off all the instabilities that were programmed in and get that cold and lifeless digital quality.
    Re. 2 - Maybe you don't hear changes to osc2 because you set osc balance to 0 in step 1?
    Hope this helped.

• it's just like it is since the beginning of time. 120 and up is to fast to be considered a musical modulation and the little bit of imperfection i actually like because it adds "chaos" and makes the modulation more "analog" as in unpredictability. at the same time, from a scientific point of view it is not a stable rate and therefore i mentioned it.

hth, marc

• Hello and thanks Flabberbob and Mark for the reply!

I found one thread of a user sees these things in about the same way.

here the Link: Bug or limit of DSP programming? Weird LFO > Cutoff Frequency modulation
    I did not notice this rate- modulation (in such intensity) with my old C virus and virus Ti.
    Or it is possible that in times where i had no access synth , i have not noticed some new changes/Funktions in OS updates.
    But for my experience it sounds a little weird. That's why I wrote.
    I have an "analog" Prophet 08 and does not have such jumping things in the Lfo´s.8|
    The Vel.> Osc2 shape (Velocity Map in the device/ Oscillator Page in VC) in classic mode has no effect on the Oscillator 2 of my Synth.
    In the matrix assignment (Vel> Osc2 index / Shape it works.

It works with all other Oscillator modes, but not with the classic mode.
    It´s not my life's most important feature, but I've noticed it.
    Sorry that I post so many questions at once! But i have bought a second hand TI and i testing this device at this Time.

best & many thanks !,

Chris!

• It works with all other Oscillator modes, but not with the classic mode.
    It´s not my life's most important feature, but I've noticed it.

It works with my TIOS4.5.3 - for example, starting from the init patch I set oscillator mix to maximum, osc2 shape to sine, VEL>OSC2 to +50% and now when I play soft I get a sine and when I play loud I get a saw.