AAX 64 Bit / Pro Tools 11 / 12

• I do not understand how a supposed market leader in synths chooses to ignore this... i'm asked regularly what synths i use and i used to put my Ti at the top of that list - now i don't even bother to mention it due to the lack of aax support. I find it shocking that Access are so late to the party... wake up chaps and get your house in order.

• Theres not much evidence that Access are doing any more development for the TI, or even bug fixes… so I wouldn't hold my breath for AAX support :(
    … have Access ever said they would produced an AAX version?

I really wonder if Access have decided its 'end of life' for the software, pure maintenance mode.
    Its a real shame, I bought my TI, as Id read about the fantastic support by Access, and how they continued to develop the products long after manufacture ceased. Yet that seems to have gone, the TI is still sold today, and yet the development seems to have stopped, issues caused by OS updates, take months to be resolved (if ever), new plugin formats not supported.
    perhaps Im being overly negative, just Ive not seen anything recently to contradict the above.
    Of course, Id love to be proved wrong by Access, with a new version that fixes outstanding issues, and supports AAX etc.

• I recently contacted Access pleading for any sign or indication regarding AAX support for Pro Tools 11 at some point in the future. I asked to at least let me know if it's a possibility or even on the table for discussion. The response was the following message below, which still leaves us hanging, unfortunately.

Zitat

Dear Mark,Thank you for your email. I ask for your understanding but we do not comment on future developments in general.

• This is the most awful and depressing thing that's happened in my studio in years. I've been waiting and waiting and like everyone else....no response. I used to take my Virus with me to sessions at REAL studios (all of which use Pro Tools) and now it's a non-issue. So sad Access. Wish you guys would step up.

• Just brought a Virus TI Desktop. I'm running Pro Tools 11. Are you kidding me? I can't use the TI in my studio. I can't control it over USB. What a piece of $2200 crap! It goes back tomorrow. Will trade it for a Dave Smith Prophet 12. I should have known. I own a Kemper Profiling Amp and we have been waiting years for a foot controller they promised. These guys are amateurs.

• How the mighty have fallen!!! I'm having so many problems with my Virus TI Desktop that I used to hesitate to use it but now I just don't. The arpeggiator doesn't sync as it should and I can't use it with Pro Tools 11. Why would one create such a POWERHOUSE of a synth and then diminish it by not keeping it up to date with technology when technology is what it's based upon? Maybe the guys at Access are just tired or maybe just to preoccupied with other things who knows? all I can say is SHAME ON YOU (wagging my finger) people at ACCESS I'm sure we're not the only ones who've complained about these issues, please do something about them and allow us to use what we paid for the way you intended us to.

• Hi Guys,

+1 for this request.

i've bought a TI2 now as a 64bit Pro Tools user, because it is a very nice instrument. It is nice that BlueCat have such a helpful AU/VST adaptor, but for such kind of high class product it should be standard to have a native AAX64 plugin to get worked natively on the "market standards" platform, to get out the best of it in a creatively ergonomic workflow.

It seems that access worked with Digidesign / AVID in the past very well (see i.e. access indigo and access of PT HD) - hope access will feed us with a AAX in the very next... ß)

many thanks for your time guys,

Niels.

• DJTrack77:

BlueCatAudio's Patchwork and it works brilliant with the TI Vst-Plugin!!!
    Just a little tip....

BlueCat recommends to prefer the AU version of a plugin over a VST version if on Mac and a AU (AudioUnit) variant is available for a plugin (which is the case for the access plugin) - i assume then there is no VST SDK / middleware in the path or other kind of less complexity. But will try both to compare myself...

• After fiddling with BlueCat's Patchwork i've found out from BlueCat support, that the adaptor plugin still cannot share the aux output ports to Pro Tools, which is important for professional users who need each instrument on a track in Pro Tools (i.e. for adding effects and further stereo image processing).

I've seen that there was a Pro Tools plugin version available for the old 32 bit Pro Tools (<=10) in the obsolete native plugin format (RTAS) - so are there any plans to publish an native AAX64 in the next? This would make many Pro Tools users very happy, remarking the fact that Pro Tools 12 is currently coming out. Or are there any barriers to get AAX licensed from AVID (regarding their new partner contract scheme)? I've heard it costs some bucks for partners who want to publish in the new AAX format / want to get the AAX SDK?

many thanks for your time,

cheerioh,

Niels.
    Niels.