AAX 64 Bit / Pro Tools 11 / 12

• So with OSX El Capitan coming out next week, it looks like anyone wanting to use Virus TI software on a supported version of pro tools less than 2 versions out of date will have to be running their mac at least 3 operating systems out of date. This really sucks in so many ways.

• I am past the point of being upset with this company, although I should be and have a right to be. My virus ti2 is nothing more than a relic and very high priced dust collector taking up valuable space in my rack. I am unable to use it with my current version of Pro Tools and haven't been able to use it for quite some time now and the tracks I had started with it are still waiting to be completed. The ghosts at Access can't be conjured up by reasoning nor insults nor threats because they've made their money and will continue to do so no matter how many of us are already disappointed by the hype and hopes. Why should I download a third party plugin that enables me to use AU/VST instead of AAX? I'm supposed to be able to plug and play without any "WORK AROUND" no matter what DAW I'm working with.
    The fact that the people at Access aren't communicating (since 2011) should be a clear indication that we, fans, customers, artists, enthusiasts, collectors have been side stepped and will continue to be ignored until, I say this with the slightest inkling of hope, they get something figured out or come out of the toilet or get out of rehab or have enough courage and humility to answer the people they're obliged to.

Whatever it is Access... give us something to go on so we can have some idea as to what to do.

• Jeeeeez. I just stumbled across this thread while updating everything in my studio only to read a few years of miserable posts. C'mon access this is ridiculous!! I used to think so highly of your company, owning a TI desktop and an Indigo. What a shame to diminish your rep because you can't keep up with the #1 DAW on planet earth. :thumbdown:

• I think it will be a good idea to go to their Facebook and Shame them publicly, under public pressure they might give answers... I know I’m gonna do that , lets be honest we are the only ones reading this 10 or 15 people... on Facebook the public will be huge! LETS DO IT! :evil::evil::D:evil::evil:

• I started this thread July 19th 2013, it is now July 4rth 2016, I have been patient, hows the AAX 64bit coming along? lol hahahhahahah
    I think ACCESS is on the way out, I noticed the Windows driver is still in BETA from 2014, another good company slowly sinks underneath the vast sea of modern synths....
    What is even more shocking is the fact this thread has not received any positive or negative input from a company representative, a simple no to AAX would have been something....

Will check back here in 2 years time just for a laugh like... lol
    Peace
    Ryan Anthony

• Right! We put our TRUST in the company due to their claims and our excitement to have something so AWESOME and here we are being neglected and ignored. I find that, no matter the reason, it is disappointing and unacceptable no matter what the excuse. Someone could have died, or they could be sinking (as you said) but you don't leave hundreds, if not thousands of people in the lurch. Not unless everyone at Access has come down with some type of deadly VIRUS (no pun intended) that left them paralyzed from the neck down and unable to speak in order to give codes to someone so that person could, in turn, communicate to the clients then they should be ashamed and close shop.

• This is ridiculous my favourite Synth is collecting dust, my unfinished music is so old now that I might as well replace the sounds with another synth, which sucks cause I invested a lot of time making and tweaking the patches... it is disrespectful to all of us , that no one takes the time to be honest and inform us what is really going on. :thumbdown:X(X(:(:cursing::cursing::thumbdown:

• You guys have convinced me.. I have had it.. access basically have zero support and I want to sell it before they shut down, whilst i will still get good coin for it.
    Even a "we will never do an AAX" is better than this. Silence is deafening.

• You guys have convinced me.. I have had it.. access basically have zero support and I want to sell it before they shut down, whilst i will still get good coin for it.
    Even a "we will never do an AAX" is better than this. Silence is deafening.

Hi there, you can get it to work by purchasing Blue Cat Audio Patchwork which has the ability to wrap VSTs, had zero problems so far using Pro Tools 12.8 but be aware I am on PC, so I cannot say if it will work for MAC....

• I just don't have the screen realestate for a wrapper then the main gui on top.. i have patchworx and have used it when desperate.. but sometimes playback won't start with spacebar unless the patchworx is in focus rather than the virus, and you are always juggling 2 gui.. For me, that is an inspiration and workflow killer.. so basically, i barely use the unit. I do kindly appreciate your advice, and yes i can confirm it works for those using PT that are desperate, but i got such a good deal on mine I think i'll get my money back anyway. I got it brand new for exactly half of what they cost to buy in AU right now. It's the desktop Ti2 so quite a popular one.. I will give access till years end, bombard them with emails till they grace me with the courtesy of a reply, and sell it Jan 1 if nothing positive has happened towards the aax, even an announcement would suffice.

Before i visited today, i had no idea support was this bad.. i read a lot of the forum.. basically, access are going bust, yes? Is this what we are all assuming?

Anyway, i have my nord A1R, still have my master keyboard AN1X which I love, a blofeld and pulse 2 and a couple other things.. I am not going to lose any sleep over ditching the virus.

Midi quest say they are releasing a 64 bit version and AAX next revision, which will be able to basically turn any HW synth into a "plugin". That might be a solution too.
    Will think about it.

The bit i like is the polyphony, i can usually use a few parts.. a pad, a bass and lead, no probs. This is the thing I like about it, and i save all the cpu from my computer.. I mean there are things i like about it, and the gazillions of patches out there from Pros which really let's you learn how to program great stuff with it, but it's just this sinking feeling i am having that for some reason, access is going bust.

I actually wonder, if the perpetual betas, *ridiculous* prices especially in foreign countries, and the lack of AAX are all players in this scenario. I bet you they are. I think people are more willing to support a company that has stellar support and communicates with it's customers. This is the key issue. IMO.

Cheers!

• I agree with you that support has changed for the worse, I was suspicious when they re branded the virus which added more polyphonic notes, companies usually do things like this when they need money, just like the gaming industry with their remaster editions. Access seemed keen on bringing an AAX version of the plugin at first, then they said it would not be possible, so why not implement something similar to Patchwork into the software, but the truth is probably more about resources and money. They have ridden on the back of the Virus TI for too long and unless they bring something new to the table I fear this company will vanish and for a short time maybe the Virus TI will become popular once again as people rush to buy one before they vanish for good....

• i don't know what you refer to, please post a link. to my recollection, we have never said that there will be an AAX version (at least I haven't).

The post was CONVENIENTLY removed lol.... It was on this forum where a rep for your company said they were looking into it. No matter..... I use mine mainly as a MIDI keyboard these days as plugins have surpassed its capabilities, it is a pity to see a good name go down like this. I only came back to this forum as TNM had made a post which sent an email notification to my account, thought I would try to help the guy, something support should be doing....

• The post was CONVENIENTLY removed lol.... It was on this forum where a rep for your company said they were looking into it. No matter.....

It matters to me. I don't like the idea of an accusation which is based on a post which was apparently removed. In fact I have a hard time believing that a statement like this was just removed. I don't think it was there in the first place. But obviously this all happened a long time ago, so I guess we both have a hard time to proof what was written here.
    And also, there is a big difference in between "Access seemed keen on bringing an AAX version of the plugin at first" and "looking into it" - so maybe you could choose your "quotes" a little more carefully.

• It matters to me. I don't like the idea of an accusation which is based on a post which was apparently removed. In fact I have a hard time believing that a statement like this was just removed. I don't think it was there in the first place. But obviously this all happened a long time ago, so I guess we both have a hard time to proof what was written here.
    And also, there is a big difference in between "Access seemed keen on bringing an AAX version of the plugin at first" and "looking into it" - so maybe you could choose your "quotes" a little more carefully.

I really do not understand why you are talking to me a CUSTOMER in this cheeky manner, I bought your product, you should never place yourself above a customer, a customer is always right even when he / she is wrong in your eyes, I have 5 mins so as someone that goes out of his way to help others I will extend that gratitude to you, this is how you reply to a CUSTOMER:
    "Dear Risey, I cannot recall mentioning that we were interested in bringing forward an AAX version of our Virus TI pluging, however it has been a long time and things may have been miss interpreted which may have lead you to being mislead, I would also like to apologise that we as a company were unable to bring an AAX version to Pro Tools and the inconvenience that this may have caused you and others. I want you to know we appreciate your business and we hope you will remain our customer in the near future....."

• I agree with you that support has changed for the worse, I was suspicious when they re branded the virus which added more polyphonic notes, companies usually do things like this when they need money, just like the gaming industry with their remaster editions. Access seemed keen on bringing an AAX version of the plugin at first, then they said it would not be possible, so why not implement something similar to Patchwork into the software, but the truth is probably more about resources and money. They have ridden on the back of the Virus TI for too long and unless they bring something new to the table I fear this company will vanish and for a short time maybe the Virus TI will become popular once again as people rush to buy one before they vanish for good....

Hi Risey, i can assure you it is entirely possible to do an AAX, i've even spoken to aax coders about this who understand how the virus works. It's because Access don't *want* to use the resources to do so, nothing more nothing else.

Pro tools delay compensation, although only up to 16383 samples, is the best I have ever experienced in any daw.. It is so good that you can change a plugin that has dynamic latency and literally see the delay value change in the mixer info in real time, without audio ever going out of phase, all in realtime! logic needs playback to stop and start for that situation, cubase farts, and so on. Avid are always late to the party but when they do things they do it properly. Look at freeze and offline bounce for example, one of the best versions ever, besides perhaps studio 1.

Anyway, pro tools PDC limit is WAY enough for the virus.. and the fact that it works via patchworx in itself, actually proves it's doable anyway..

Cheers