Virus TI Snow + Cubase 5 Essential

• Hello everyone, First of All - sorry for my english... ;)

Well, I always using FL Studio, recentrly upgraded to Version 9 Produced Edition and my Virus TI Snow worked perfectly...

Now, I've just bought Cubase 5 Essential and I have problem with Virus TI Snow proper configuration. I don't really know how to configure Cubase Essential to work with my Virus. TI Snow is connected via USB cable and run under Virus TI VSTi Control.

I don't know how to configure MIDI preferences to use all 4 parts of my Virus. I hope someone help me in configuration. I really want to play in Cubase rather than FL Studio, but now... i can only play 1 part. 3 other are unavailable for me.

Thanks for Your support !!

Gregory,

Poland

• Dear Gregory,
    First off we're not testing Cubase 5 Essential nor do I have this Cubase version, so I'm not really sure where the programs differ.
    You might want to try to import the Cubase + TI Snow tutorial song into your version of Cubase (hopefully Cubase Essential can read this file) since this would show you in one go how this is done. You can find the tutorial files installed on your hard drive.

In general in Cubase 4, Cubase Studio 4, Cubase 5 and Cubase Studio 5 it works like this:

- load the Virus TI Snow PlugIn into your VST Instruments rack
    - create 4 Midi tracks all routed to the Virus TI Snow PlugIn as the Midi out

Now you can already trigger all 4 sounds of the TI Snow PlugIn. Also in the VST Instrument rack of the Cubase versions named above you can find a button which lets you choose how many additional outputs you need from the PlugIn to get more TI Snow outputs into the Cubase mixer. This way you can have up to 3 stereo outs in total coming from the TI Snow PlugIn into Cubase.

But again: I'm not sure how much of this actually works in Cubase 5 Essential.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Hi,

I have the same problem vith my Virus Ti keyboard and Cubase 5 essential.
    I only get one track working.

I have done as you say and started the vst instrument and then added miditracks.

Midi in: all midi inputs
    Midi out: I do not get "Virus Ti " as an option in the midi out section, only "Virus Ti midi "and "Virus Ti synth".

I have set the virus up with Cubase SX version1.02 and then it works with all tracks. On that old cubase sx version i get "virus Ti" as an midi ouput option..
    I have also tried to set it up together with Cubase 5 and it is the same problem there..

Does anyone have a clue on how to get the "virus Ti" to be an option in the midi out ???
    I use the Virus USB ASIO driver
    Virus OS 3.3, Cubase essential 5.1

Thanks in advance:
    /JK

• Thanx for advices !!! Now, my Snow works perfectly in Cubase...

by the way, I've upgrade my M-Audio system to the Mbox2 and now i am working on PRO TOOLS 8 LE ;) great stuff !!! And in nev version of software, RTAS plugn works perfectly !!