Confused on correct setup with SNOW?

• I use a midi controller KB. So I plug the USB into the computer which records my notes. No need for midi right? Audio out of the SNOW into my PC's soundcard. I don't use a mixer I use a SPL 2Controller Send the virus TI in cubase to the master outputs to monitors right? I don't need a mixer?

• no, you dont need a hardware mixer... if you are using Cubase then you can also run the Snow's audio into the computer via USB.. connecting analog outs to the computer soundcard in is not required.

• I use a midi controller KB. So I plug the USB into the computer which records my notes. No need for midi right?

Not quite... you ARE using MIDI. You are just not using it over a MIDI cable. The USB cable is transferring the MIDI data instead.
    Adding to what Mystic38 said, if you are using the Virus Control plugin set to USB outs, you can look at it like any other soft synth, although it lets the Virus DSP do all the audio processing instead of the computer's CPU. So just like with softsynths the audio output goes to the DAW's bus.
    If you are using the Virus like an external hardware synth, you do need some way of capturing it or mixing it with the output.
    Hope this helps.

• Thank you for the responses.

Does the VST TI work flawlessly? Does it tend to have buffer problems or reading each other?

I have the Virus Powercore and love it but want a new computer. Does it work equally well with MAC Logic and Cubase?

thanks

• First of all, Access usually use mac and logic to demo the Virus, so that must mean something.
    Since the Virus streams realtime uncompressed audio over USB, you have to choose the USB port wisely. Use the system profiler to choose a USB port that shares its internal hub with the least amount of devices possible, or you might get crackling audio from the Virus. You can install a new USB (preferably USB2) adapter in your system if all else fails.
    In your DAW make sure that plugin delay compensation is enabled and that MIDI clock is sent to the Virus.