Attack, Delay, and Release Times in VC.

• Hi Access Staff and Virus TI owners alike,

Some of the more technically minded people would really appreciate the actual Attack, Delay and Release times for the envelopes to be displayed somewhere within Virus Control.
    Im an electronics engineer, a setting of 0 - 127 is meaningless in relation to time for me. When I turn the attack to say 100, It would be handy if Virus Control shows for example 250mS etc.

Even some method to calculate the parameters would be handy.

Best Regards,

Aron :D

• Every hardware synth i own uses exactly the same method of programming ADSR and other parameters (ie 0-127) so while from an academic perspective knowing the calculation method would be interesting, from a sound design perspective i think it would likely just confuse people as they design by ear...

got a scope handy to do some measurements?..if not i could run a couple,

cheers

• Every hardware synth i own uses exactly the same method of programming ADSR and other parameters (ie 0-127) so while from an academic perspective knowing the calculation method would be interesting, from a sound design perspective i think it would likely just confuse people as they design by ear...

got a scope handy to do some measurements?..if not i could run a couple,

cheers

Hi there,

Thankyou for the kind offer, yeah I have a scope so I can measure it later on today.

I understand where your coming from with the complexity thing, I am not suggesting changing any thing on the hardware; playing with the knobs if so much fun as it is.
    However, turn attack knob to 100 and Virus Control status bar shows 100. It could show 100 (2.5 Sec) and that hopefully will not be confusing to anyone?

Cheers,

Aron