Questions about the total Virus Integration as a VSTi

• It would be nice, if you answer me these questions, which are very important for me if I buy Virus 5 or not.

1.Are the settings I made inside Virus saved with the Host project automatically or must I save as a preset inside Virus seperatly ?

2.Can I use more than one instance at once?

3.Is the workflow like "Virus appears inside my Plugin list with the usual Plugins, I can load it, trigger it with midi, it is synced with the host without hardware clock, I can automate the parameters in my host" ?

4.the Virus hardware has its own DSP and all the CPU usage is made inside the Virus Hardware?

Thank you for all helpful answers!

• 1 -> It's "total recall".
    2 -> Since the plugin serves as a front end for the hardware, you can load one Virus plugin instance per each Virus you have connected. But the Virus itself is a multitimbral instrument, so you can create MIDI tracks in your DAW, and send them to one of the 16 MIDI channels of the Virus (only 4 if it's a Snow). Each channel corresponds to a part loaded with its own patch.
    3 -> Yes. The Virus chases the MIDI clock sent by the DAW (make sure that it sends one). MIDI automation is straight forward. Plugin parameter automation is done in the plugin track and not in the MIDI tracks mentioned in the answer to Q.2.
    4 -> Yes. The plugin only handles transfers to and from the unit.
    Hope this helps.

• additions to #2 .

Flabberbob correctly states that the VC VSTI is inextricably linked to the hardware so you may only have one instance of the VST open at any time (per piece of hardware).
    To expand upon this I will add that within a DAW environment, you may freeze the synth which reduce the tracks to audio and turns the Virus Control VST offline. At this point you may add another instance of Virus Control.
    In this way you may have multiple instances of the Virus Control within a project with the proviso that only one can be active and responsive to midi. You DO get, however, the ability to have as many patches as you wish associated with the DAW project.