NI Massive/Spire Style Performer

• Just introduce advanced modulation options like NI Massive's/Spire's performer or the multiple modulation targets. Virus is already falling behind modern synths in terms of versatility. Just search around other forums and listen to what your users say.

No-one is going to be paying 2k for a synth that is behind in ANY factor than a 150$ synth. Give more MODERN tools to your users, more envelopes were a step in the right direction. Modulation should be next, add performers and give us a clean semi modular approach to modulation targets and sources. The matrix is not bad by any means but it cannot be compared to the power of massive.

Update your wavetables with some more modern ones. Maybe add a couple of classic oscillators close to what sylenth offers in terms of sound quality. It is sad to have weaker classic osc on my 2.2k euro synth than the ones found in a 150 euro one and having to resort to cheap tricks by using the hypersaw to alleviate that.. Come on its 2013... :thumbup:

• I think you are being really quite melodramatic.. On my planet, the popularity and desirability of the Virus is still as strong as ever.. I have opened a VPN portal so you can see meanwhileonplanetearth.www.Ebay.com. Prices there are really still very high :)

Seriously though, of course the Virus, like any instrument, can be improved.. but it would be nice to explain a specific idea (what and why) that you have and even some thought as to how it could be implemented..it IS a hardware synth after all.

• I am not melodramatic. I am not saying virus is a bad synth. I am saying it is behind times when it comes to modern electronic dance music because of an apparent lack of modulation options. I have already made my suggestions, maybe you didn't read the entire post while coming in bashing at me.

I am not familiar with the planet that you are living on, i am working with major labels and alot of new artists. Virus is great for film stuff or just classic sounds, not so much for the modern ones and i do not see why access keeps on ignoring it. If you think it compares to what massive can do in terms of modulation then you either not familiar with massive or the modern era of edm at all.

Lastly virus is not just a hardware synth. LOADS of people are buying because of its software side.

• I could say that Massive is behind the times because I can create far more complex modulations within Absynth. And, I can load my own waveforms into it to use as either oscillators or lfos. Massive can't do that, it must be rubbish. I know that Massive isn't really rubbish, I like the NI stuff. I like my Virus too.

What I'm meaning in my first reply to you, is that I disagree that the Virus is behind the times when it comes to modern electronic music & is only good for film scores or classic sounds. Yes, there is no performer in the Virus, but if you take some time experimenting with the different lfo waveforms you can discover some very interesting things hidden within.

Every tool has it's strengths & weaknesses, if they were all the same life would be boring.

• I agree, a performer would be wicked! maybe in the arp section an option where you can switch between arp and performer. Also some filthy new wavetables would be sweet. BUT comparing the virus to sylenth... virus osc's win every time. And Hypersaw isn't a cheap trick! :P

• Ruari,

I unfortunately dont share the same way of thinking with you. I want a synth to be able to do as much things as it possibly can, given its price is 20 times more than its competitors.

Please keep in mind that when you use virus exclusively in the studio its all about Virus Control. Not its hardware side. Given your way of thinking Virus updates should have been stopped for years now just because you do not want your virus to be a complete tool and would rather fiddle with other synths.

I am not saying that there could be any synth as an end to all synths, but BASIC modern functionalities as a performer or some updated waveforms is not too much to ask. The only reason that the virus had stayed relevant over the years is its updates. Do not forget that. No-one would buy a virus if it was stil in OS 1 since its release in 2013. Not with the fierce competition going on those days.

I kindly ask you to leave this thread be if you don't want any more updates as this generates useless posts from both sides.