Step Sequencer anyone?

• I have seen historic threads about step sequencers and yet this is still a missing piece of the Access Virus.

All the elements are there... programmable steps, and an arp matrix target of transpose, but nope a step sequencer it cannot be..

I thought I had it...

In Matrix have arp input and destination as transpose with mod amount slider full to right.
    then in the arp section, the steps at value = 64 equals note .. with a sensitivity of one semitone per increment.
    So arp on, and a step sequencer you have.. but when you turn the arp off, the transpose value is stuck at the value of the last step played.

Dang..this is so close.

• I have 2 possible workarounds for this. One - is that you can have two neighboring patches which are exactly the same except for the arp option and toggle between them, or two - have a softknob control the arp->pitch amount so that full right is semitones and full left is no pitch change. You probably will find some use for the gray area in between.
    Hope this helps.

• I actually had tried the latter of those two.. however the synth does not know that it is transposed... so with a soft knob targeting transpose and with the value of 0 [off], the note played is the sum of note+transpose amount from step sequence, ie it leaves the note at the changed amount... be that either + or - semitones. ..in effect, the soft-knob sums with the arp/step sequence. So there is no ability to predictively adjust this...you need to hear the note (or use a tuner like I did) and twiddle an offset mount...so its a non-starter.

The step sequence works on multiple passes, indicating that the arp is (ie the transpose is..) being reset when arp is turned ON so I suspect that the arp sequence is not being reset when arp is turned OFF..,(which would make this work).. unless I am missing some simple setting, of course.

Anyway, a step sequencer is usually a very handy feature so hopefully this can be considered for the next update... :)

• assuming you have mod 1 - >arp input-> slot 1 -> transpose

the trick is to change assign amount mod 1/slot between 0 and 64.

you can assign a soft knob to do this, but then it has to be dead centre to be off.
    easier is to use the mod wheel in the mod matrix to control assign amount on arp, then full back = off full forward = on.
    alternatively if you have another midi controller/pedal then you can do the same thing without losing the mod wheel by going via a CC, this is quite useful as of cause is 'automatable' when recording in DAW.

well it seem to work for me, but may have missed something... bit new to all this :o)