Found a possible bug relating to Virus Audio Interface

• I stumbled on a bug that i need some folks to verify, but it's pretty specific to the hardware i'm using. This is for Logic Pro 9.1.8

I'm using an Apogee Symphony I/O, and also an Access Virus (two USB interfaces, basically).

A) Load up a song in logic, and make sure it's playing.
    B) While the song is playing, instantiate the Access Virus plugin.
    C) Logic will prompt you, saying it found a new device "Virus TI", do you wish to use it?

at this point, it appears that everything connected to the USB hubs stops responding. the keyboards, etc.. Spinning wheel of death occurs. I can switch applications by clicking on them (I have two LCDs, and use the trackpad which is bluetooth). however, I cannot enter text, or click on any dialog boxes (for example, clicking "yes/no" in that "do you wish to use it" box in logic. I also cannot cmd-tab between applications. The song continues to play just fine.

I had to hold the power button down to force the computer to shut down. I'm gonna post this on the Virus TI forum as well, but because it was related to logic detecting a new hardware device for use with I/O, i figured it was relevant to all Logic users that use a USB converter of some type. Meaning, anyone who has more than one USB interface (say, a Motu Ultralite and an Apogee Mic). So, try playing a project through your default interface, then connect some other USB interface and see what logic does while the song is playing.

• This sounds more like a general USB conflict/issue here, as the Virus TI plugin normally does not cause Logic to "detect" a new audio hardware, especially if the TI was already switched on before the plugin was running. I recommend to send me an email at support [at] access-music.de with the exact Mac computer model you're on and a list of all USB devices connected to the setup. If the TI in general would cause Logic to "detect" the TI as a new audio interface, then it would also do this with the Apple internal drivers being selected in Logic when starting the Virus plugin (and just the TI being connected). This sounds more like the 2 devices are "fighting" for bandwidth.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner