TI2 USB transfers, 16 or 24bit?

• Just curious what the bitdepth is of the audio transferred from the TI to Virus Control, is it 16bit or 24bit? What about the S/PDIF port, same question. Thanks!

• USB -} 16bit - 44.1KHz
    S/PDIF -} 24bit - 48KHz
    Analog -} 24bit - 192KHz

Can someone on the Access Dev team say if that's true?
    I've never seen the exact specs confirmed in 5 years, and we used to talk about it lots on the "old" forums.

• I cannot spot easily the difference between usb and analog, the levels are different, only matters if you have a decent preamp following the ti.
    I bet that many no1 hits are made using the usb outs and noone using the analog ones... :whistling::D (joking of course)
    Convinience is the No1 factor for me, especially if you have to sacrifise so little in sound quality.

• The analog outs are capable of that hi rate "as a sound card" but only run at the sample rate of the project. Plus the synthesis engine is only capable of max 44.1 or 48Khz So if the project rate is 96Khz the audio engine in the TI is running at 48Khz and being up-sampled inside the TI

• The analog outs are capable of that hi rate "as a sound card" but only run at the sample rate of the project. Plus the synthesis engine is only capable of max 44.1 or 48Khz So if the project rate is 96Khz the audio engine in the TI is running at 48Khz and being up-sampled inside the TI

HUH? 8|

• He means that just because the soundcard aspects of the TI can sync to higher sample rates, it doesn't mean that the internal synth engine is running at that sample rate.

This is a little confusing... first of all the Virus as "soundcard" only works at 16 bit/44.1-48 khz, so you simply cant go beyond this fixed limitation no matter if you wanted to work in your project at 96 khz.
    second I have understood that if you use the Virus Ti main outputs "not the usb or spdif" , then the sound engine runs at 24 bit-192 khz, of course it will be recorded as audio file according to the settings of your project.
    so I dont understand that comment of the Ti sampling itself and the Virus not being able to deliver 192 khz from the main outputs.... enlighten me.

• Placebo effect, unless you added post processing.

Absolutely wrong, there is no question that a person with even rave blown ears like myself can hear a difference between the usb and analog outputs in certain situations. Its even more pronounced once you start pitching the oscillators down really low. You can actually hear the envelopes closing as digital noise, this happens much sooner via usb. Even on simple chord patches you can hear much much more high end, things sound more 'airy' I was very skeptical myself until I A/B'd a bunch of patches.

Luke

• Absolutely wrong, there is no question that a person with even rave blown ears like myself can hear a difference between the usb and analog outputs in certain situations. Its even more pronounced once you start pitching the oscillators down really low. You can actually hear the envelopes closing as digital noise, this happens much sooner via usb. Even on simple chord patches you can hear much much more high end, things sound more 'airy' I was very skeptical myself until I A/B'd a bunch of patches.

Luke

Thank you sir! 8)

• Trust me, there's nothing wrong with my ears.
    I go to the Doctor regularly to get them checked as people pay me to use them.
    Noone from Access has ever said theres a difference in bit depth between USB and Analog, Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I have VERY high end soundcards, industry standard monitors and plenty of experience, I don't hear it.
    My opinion is your DAW would make more difference than a cable, using Ableton or similar will add artifacts for sure.

• Trust me, there's nothing wrong with my ears.
    I go to the Doctor regularly to get them checked as people pay me to use them.
    Noone from Access has ever said theres a difference in bit depth between USB and Analog, Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I have VERY high end soundcards, industry standard monitors and plenty of experience, I don't hear it.
    My opinion is your DAW would make more difference than a cable, using Ableton or similar will add artifacts for sure.

Here we go again with Ableton and it's summing engine...I didn't want to start this all over again but here is your answer:
    http://tinyurl.com/d8xpy5

Anyway since this is not an Ableton forum let's keep it on topic.Everyone has his own opinion on this matters so
    do what's best for you."Judgement comes inside the fields" as they say in football...
    PM me to send you a sample so you can hear for yourself