Any idea how the sound in this track was made ....

• Hey

anyone who is good at synthesis , would u mind checking the link below and checkin out the main lead synth at the drop of the track....

ive tried for a while now but cant get anywhere near it ..... any ideas on how this was made or what kind of waves / processes might be worth a look at ??

i would be most appreciative as i cant get on with any of my own work ... its buggin me that much ... i think its more of a - i dont know how this was done and i want to know .....

http://soundcloud.com/scott24/what-can-we-do

• You start by creating a high-frequency enriched sound (which you play with bass notes). This is done from the init patch, the following way:
    1. Sync osc2
    2. change the semitone/detune of osc2 to your liking
    3. Increase the FM amount to your liking and decide if you want to use pos triangle/triangle/wave
    4. Try different combinations of sawtooth/pulse (with different widths)/spectral waveforms
    5. Repeat 2-4 until satisfied
    6. Note that the analog boost effect is turned on. You can tune it or get rid of it completely.
    7. Apply distortion. You can use either the filter saturation distortion, FX distortion or both.

You end by animating the sound, using one of the filterbank filters to re-shape it. Conrol the filter parameters using LFO-s in ENV mode.
    Sometimes the tail of the sound is a single delay repeat, changes by the delay's color and LFO controls.
    Further distorting/filtering/compression can be done using the DAW.

Hope this helps.

• thanks for the reply flabberbob ..... :)

i will defo giv this a go and see what i can come up with ... i love how your way is completely different to the way i went around attempting it

i tried using an arp that was also modulating the attack on one osc

osc1 on an lfo to say 1/12 and osc2 on an lfo with 1/3 and also making them have different trig phases ....

after speaking with the producer he says there is alot of reverb and distortion but that i can hear quite clearly anyway ...