REMOTE Mode

• Hi everybody,

being a TI user for a few months, I just upgraded to TI2 Polar (arriving tomorrow, I hope). Along with this, I'm gonna restructure my studio setup and try to optimise my workflow. Hence, I want to go for TI's REMOTE mode with which you can control other plug-ins and even hardware synths. However, it's scarcely documented! I found a few lines in the VC manual. But I couldn't find out

- what the capabilities are: Can I create and send sysex strings as well, e.g. to control my Roland rack synths? How many bytes? How do I set the variables?
    - if there are any additional templates to download as mentioned in the manual - they speak of an "ever growing template library".
    - why most knobs on the UI can be programmed to send messages but not the buttons (or am I missing something?).
    - if anybody uses this at all. Nobody ever talks about it, there are no feature requests, no questions... With its UI, the TI would be the ideal MIDI controller because the knobs are already named. Substractive synths (plugs or hardware) could be nicely controlled! Don't you do it? :)

Any ideas or opinions on this?

Best regards,

Christian

• Dear Christian,
    1) The Virus TIs (and TI2s) REMOTE MODE definitely can send SysEx command. For exact instructions about how the SysEx commands need to look like, please check the manuals of the Synths you want to control. So far there's no real restriction for SysEx commands in the Remote mode.

2) no, there are no additional templates, as all templates currently available get installed with the latest Virus TI software

3) see 2)

4) that's currently not possible, I ask for your understanding. Currently only knobs can be used

5) that's probably more a question for all the other users. I use this once in a while and it's great!

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Hi,

My printed manual indicates a possibility to use the master volume knob to control the volume CC parameter of the external MIDI gear. How is that done? The item shown on the manual cannot be found anywhere in the Virus!

Too bad switches can't be used in remote control mode! Maybe in a next OS upgrade?

Thanks for your help!

• Bump!

Any news regarding the use of buttons in remote mode?

And regarding the use of the master volume knob ?

Just use the Osc Volume knob as the volume control. That's what I did. I made a template to control my iO modded Jupiter 4! Full ADSR on amp & filter envelopes, soft knobs setup to control the LFO mod depth & rate... a beautiful thing!
    Here's some info from the VC manual:

//removed by admin, pasted html did mess with the forum// --> poster, please post plain text insidead