• hello
    i i had some problem with my virus ti
    my D3 key doesnt work in logic when i press it on my virus ,for example the transpose button is on 0 position (its 16th key on the keboard)
    i thought that the problem was with key itself but when i select transpose for example -1 the key start work and D3 became (23rd key on the keyboard) and still doesnt work

so maybe there is some option activate d3 key in logic or in virus itself and the funniest thing when virus in standalone mode all key work perfectly and in piano roll d3 also works

and the second problem

the volume of each key ,the harder you press the key the louder the sound ,but is there anyway to push the key harder or softly so that it would sound with the same volume ?
    something like keypressure option

is theere anybody who knows how to fix it ?
    thanks

• Hi,

this sounds as if Logic catches the D3 note and interprets it as a MIDI remote command. Is the D3 note shown in the MIDI monitor section of the transport bar? There, you usually see all incoming MIDI data.

Can D3 be recorded? Record some MIDI and press D3 occasionally. Is it recorded or ignored?

Also check if any other synths are affected: Play D3 into any plug-in synth. Do they sound?

If not, it's probably the aforementioned MIDI remote: Along with key commands, you can assign MIDI commands to Logic's functions. Press Alt+K to see all key commands. Somewhere in this huge list, you might have assigned the D3 note. Therefore, it's caught by Logic before it can reach any synth. Turn off Logic's MIDI remote and try again. Does it play now? If yes, you have to find the command where it's assigned and delete the MIDI command.

Best regards,

Christian

• hi
    thanks for fast response
    here is what i ve found out

Is the D3 note shown in the MIDI monitor section of the transport bar? There, you usually see all incoming MIDI data.YES

Can D3 be recorded? Record some MIDI and press D3 occasionally. Is it recorded or ignored?IGNORED

Also check if any other synths are affected: Play D3 into any plug-in synth. Do they sound?NO

BUT NOW WHEN I PRESS IT FIRST TIME NO SOUND ,THEN SECOND TIME NO SOUND AND THE THIRD TIME I PRESS D3 I CAN HEAR THE SOUND
    OR I CAN PRESS IT 6 TIMES AND ON 7TH I CAN HEAR THE SOUND
    GOSH ITS ANNOYING ME
    MAYBE ITS SOME PROBLEM WITH THE LOGIC?
    BECOURSE WHEN VIRUS IS IN STANDALONE MODE EVERYTHING PLAY PERFECTLY

• Sounds exactly like what I said above: You have assigned the D3 key to a Logic key command and therefore, D3 can't be used as a MIDI note any longer. I just tried it myself:

- Opened the key command window in Logic (Alt+K)
    - selected the key command "Pause" in the "Global" list.
    - Pressed the button "learn new assignment" in the lower right corner
    - Pressed C4 on my master keyboard

Now, pressing C4 pauses the sequencer, but no sound can be heard. All other notes sound perfectly.

I guess, that's your problem. So, you have to find the key command to which D3 is assigned and delete the assignment. Apart from that, reading up details in the Logic manual would be in order. You sound as of you've never heard of this function. It's crucial to know about your everyday workhorse.

Good luck,

Christian

• I HAVE NEVER ASSIGNED ANY KEY TO LOGIC ' MYSELF
    SO HOW CAN BE THE D3 BE ASSIGNED? ,LOGIC DID IT ITSELF !? ANYWAY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I LL KEEP TRYING

ALSO IVE JUST LOOKED THRU ALL PARAMETERS AND GUESS WHAT ?
    I HAVENT FOUND ANY D3 NOTE ATTACHED TO ANY PARAMETER

ALSO CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO TURN OFF MIDI REMOTE ????

THANKS FOR KEEP HELPING ME

• Could you please stop shouting at me? :cursing:

Try this:

- Open key commands
    - Save your key commands with the OPTIONS button in the top left corner (export key commands)
    - Initialize the key commands via the same menu (bottom)

You should now have lost all your selfmade key commands and returned to factory settings (which certainly don't include any MIDI commands).

Does work now? If yes, that was your problem. If no, I run out of ideas.

Best regards,

Christian