Morph from Square to Saw Wave

• Hi! Im wondering is it possible to "morph" from a square wave to saw somehow? i dont mean volume morph or osc balance, i mean like in wavetable synthesis morphing in different waves can be done in 1 OSC (correct me if im wrong). in massive it can be done very quickly and i want to do this in the virus so much.

• I guess that what you mean is that you don't want to mix between two free running waves. So yes, with the classic oscillators, you can mix between the waveforms tor the same wave cycle. Furthermore, if you sync osc2 with osc1, the osc mix will be on the same wave cycle as well.
    Another neat way to morph between saw and square through a different transition, is to modulate saturation (osc volume) when the digital distortion is selected. This clamps the saw wave instead of fading it.
    Hope this helps.

• Set OSC1 to classic and then use automation. Start with the dial at "5 O'clock"(square), click "write", move the dial up to "12 O'clock"(saw), and then unclick "write". You can then edit your automation in the instrument track and get as crazy as you want. That's a pretty neat idea you had, and I'm gonna use it. Thanks! :thumbup: