• Hello,

I bought a Virus C, is there anyone that can help me set it up into Cubase (7). I'm known with the TI Series, but i never worked with a Midi Hardware Synthseizer.

How do i connect it and how do i set it up in cubase?

I'm using mac, and i have a Roland UA25-EX. Also i've a Profie 2626 but that's not connected.

Greets :thumbup:

• I don't own a C so this is a general description.
    Create 1 new MIDI track and 1 new audio track. Make sure that the UA25-EX L+R can be selected as an input when you arm the audio track. Make sure you can select the UA25-EX MIDI out as output on the left side (start with MIDI channel 1), when the MIDI track is highlighted. If you plan to use this Virus as a MIDI controller, you'll have to select the UA25-EX MIDI in when you arm the MIDI track.
    Now to the connections. Connect the Virus audio outs to the UA25-EX audio in using 2 TRS-to-TRS cables (XLR cables will be preamped unnecessarily). Connect the Virus MIDI in to the UA25-EX MIDI out using a din5-to-din5 cable. If you plan to use the C as a controller, also connect the UA25-EX MIDI in to the Virus MIDI out with the same type of cable and disable local control on the Virus.
    Keep the new audio track armed so you can hear what you play. Adjust levels on the Virus and the UA25-EX mixer.
    Hope this helps.

• I don't own a C so this is a general description.
    Create 1 new MIDI track and 1 new audio track. Make sure that the UA25-EX L+R can be selected as an input when you arm the audio track. Make sure you can select the UA25-EX MIDI out as output on the left side (start with MIDI channel 1), when the MIDI track is highlighted. If you plan to use this Virus as a MIDI controller, you'll have to select the UA25-EX MIDI in when you arm the MIDI track.
    Now to the connections. Connect the Virus audio outs to the UA25-EX audio in using 2 TRS-to-TRS cables (XLR cables will be preamped unnecessarily). Connect the Virus MIDI in to the UA25-EX MIDI out using a din5-to-din5 cable. If you plan to use the C as a controller, also connect the UA25-EX MIDI in to the Virus MIDI out with the same type of cable and disable local control on the Virus.
    Keep the new audio track armed so you can hear what you play. Adjust levels on the Virus and the UA25-EX mixer.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks man that will help, i get it now! :thumbup:
    I also would like to know how to get the factory patches back, because the virus is full with bad selfmade patches, i searched the internet already. lots of people say i have to overwrite the patches with the original virus c patches.
    But it seems like i can't find the original virus c patches. Do you maybe know where to get it? 8)