Virus Ti as VST3 - missing USB3 L&R

• I have just upgraded to Sonar x3 and for the first time can use VST3.

Everything seems fine at first glance using VST2 however when I launch Virus Control as a VST3 I cannot see the third set of audio outs.

I see USB 2, and USB 3.. and when I set a patch to output on USB 1, it plays on the indicated USB 2 pair, set to USB 2 and it plays on USB 3 and set to USB 3 and nothing..

Can someone confirm that VST3 works with VC before I take this up with Cakewalk?..

thx, Ian

• I went through this a number of times but its not a dialog box issue, as with selection of "all stereo outs" the three tracks should appear... also if you take an audio track you simply cannot select the VC USB 1 stereo pair as an input.. shows just not to exist.
    additionally the routing is wrong in the VST3 version as stated above.

In the first instance I would like a confirmation that VC works correctly as VST3.. most old posts seem to get vague on this issue... ?

if the VST3 works well for others on other DAW, then Cakewalk is already aware there is an issue and stated they will work with Access to resolve it..

obviously if the VST3 is flakey then I will just use VST2 and forget it...

thx

• I have an issue and am simply collecting the best data available to trying to help get it fixed. So yes, of course I am serious.

Please read this thread. As background, Sonar has been upgraded to support vst3 and the the vst3 of the virus does not work correctly inside of Sonar.. so of course my suspicion is that Sonar has some initial issues with its vst3 implementation (a reasonable assumption).

HOWEVER when I search this forum for anything on Virus Control as VST3 all I see is references to a number of issues and "better to still use VST2"..and I see zero references to VST3 working correctly or well, in any DAW. So look at it from that perspective...without any evidence that the VST3 works correctly its a perfectly reasonable and simple question.

Sonar has so far operated rather flawlessly with the Virus (under vst2) and I have been in contact with Noel, the CTO of cakewalk and they wish to resolve any issues on their end to get this operating fully and correctly. I have raised a ticket with tech support here at Access (#SI00074897) and hopefully they as engineers are willing to talk to Cakewalk.. as assuming that the VST3 works correctly I am sure its a simple issue on their (cakewalk) end.

regards

• The VST3 version definitely works perfectly fine in Cubase since quite a long while now, so this is nothing specific to the VST3 plugin. I can only assume this being an issue with the VST3 inside Sonar at this point. Cubase shows all 3 USB outs perfectly fine when using the VST3 plugin there.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Thank you VERY much Joerg, this is exactly what I needed :)

The VST3 version definitely works perfectly fine in Cubase since quite a long while now, so this is nothing specific to the VST3 plugin. I can only assume this being an issue with the VST3 inside Sonar at this point. Cubase shows all 3 USB outs perfectly fine when using the VST3 plugin there.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• As background, Sonar has been upgraded to support vst3 and the the vst3 of the virus does not work correctly inside of Sonar.. so of course my suspicion is that Sonar has some initial issues with its vst3 implementation (a reasonable assumption).

we still haven't received a copy of sonar X3. it should be a matter of a few days though. once we got it, we can look into it.
    best, marc

• Thank you Marc,

Noel Borthwick (their CTO) is actively working on this issue as you can see in this thread, and if someone contacts them via the form indicated in post #7 they will provide a copy

http://forum.cakewalk.com/x3-M…ST3-m2902347.aspx#2913320

I have offered to test and validate any fix here.. and my contact details if you need them are in the support ticket S100074897

Ian

we still haven't received a copy of sonar X3. it should be a matter of a few days though. once we got it, we can look into it.
    best, marc