Virus TI Midi Timing Groove... NOT A PROBLEM...

• Ever since ive been using Virus. has anyone else notice that the timing of each individual input is not exact. This is not with the software. this is all analog... On TI and TI2... I thought id post to see if anyone has this issue, and if it was done on purpose.

• You're not alone at all. I've had the exact same problem with mine from day 1. It seems to be DSP-related, and only seems to happen when running the TI via MIDI, not using the TI software. I'm guessing it's just too many calculations (even when using very basic patches) for the Virus to keep up with in realtime. When using TI, it has some buffering time to perform the calculations in advance, or so it seems.

I've brought it up with support. It's a known issue, with no workaround apparently.

• known issue? .... what did Access say caused the issue?

>I'm guessing it's just too many calculations (even when using very basic patches) for the Virus to keep up with in realtime
    I doubt it - audio is done at sample rate, which is much much faster then midi tempo ( think of a 1/64th note at 200bpm vs 44000 samples/sec ... and i think internally the virus runs at either 96 or 192khz?)
    if its too complex, you will get pops/clocks (as audio is not ready so you get 'holes' in the waveforms) - not bad midi timing

> timing of each individual input is not exact
    >It seems to be DSP-related
    This is interesting....
    are we talking about 'parts' being out of step with each other? e.g. part 1 is out of step with part 2?
    are by any chance odd and even out of step with each other
    i.e. part 1, 3, 5 etc in step , part 2 , 4 , 6 in step, part 1,2 out of step.
    I say this because 'generally' when (no note stealing is happening and under not very heavy loads), even parts on are one dsp, and odd on the other.
    Id have thought they should share a common clock, (the 'internal' or external) but perhaps there is an issue with this syncing?

are you using the internal midi clock or receiving it?