• It's a really complex lead, so much modulation going on. I've tried recreating this one too but I didn't spend too much time on it because I lost interest so the outcome wasn't that good. For that sharp, nearly plucky attack I'd suggest modulating the oscillator's pitch using an envelope with a really short decay. My wild guess is that using 2 synced square oscillators and 1 saw oscillator could lead to a similar direction. Modulate the 2 Square oscillator's pitch with a really fast LFO and modulate their pulse width partially with a really fast LFO but also an envelope with a medium-long decay. The third saw oscillator would take some pitch modulation from modulating the oscillator 1 already because thats how the Virus synth works AFAIK but you could also modulate it's pitch with an LFO using like +1 or -1 value. Also that pulse-width modulation with LFO should be done so that an envelope should modulate the PWM mix amount so that the effect isn't constant but a really sharp plucky'ish instead with a long decay (You can also use LFO3's delayed attack mode but that won't give you as much control over it as an envelope would).

Enough brainstorming, I tried recreating it once as I said and got a similar but not quite the same sound. Good luck I guess.

• It's a really complex lead, so much modulation going on. I've tried recreating this one too but I didn't spend too much time on it because I lost interest so the outcome wasn't that good. For that sharp, nearly plucky attack I'd suggest modulating the oscillator's pitch using an envelope with a really short decay. My wild guess is that using 2 synced square oscillators and 1 saw oscillator could lead to a similar direction. Modulate the 2 Square oscillator's pitch with a really fast LFO and modulate their pulse width partially with a really fast LFO but also an envelope with a medium-long decay. The third saw oscillator would take some pitch modulation from modulating the oscillator 1 already because thats how the Virus synth works AFAIK but you could also modulate it's pitch with an LFO using like +1 or -1 value. Also that pulse-width modulation with LFO should be done so that an envelope should modulate the PWM mix amount so that the effect isn't constant but a really sharp plucky'ish instead with a long decay (You can also use LFO3's delayed attack mode but that won't give you as much control over it as an envelope would).

Enough brainstorming, I tried recreating it once as I said and got a similar but not quite the same sound. Good luck I guess.

Thanks for the big explination, i'll try this tomorrow. :thumbup:
    I've heard Code Black made it with sylenth1 but i'm not sure.

Thank you indeed! Can help me on my way! Trying a combination of the Virus and the sylenth... Long way to go but I think I'm getting somewhere in the right direction. ;)

• If I was going to do it, I probably would try the folowing:
    - Oscillator 2 only, sawtooth waveform
    - FM modulation on osc2, with noise source
    - Lowpass or bandpass filter (or some combination of both), controlled by the filter envelope, to create the "talking" effect.
    - Distortion.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man, i'll try that also! it's really hard to get the same result

• I also hear some slight lfo pitch modulation in there. There is also a lot of reverb under that lead but eq'ed to just low mids.. Maybe some 600 or so. Could be sidechained to the lead. I only had 1 quick listen.