How to export the arp to midi or control a vsti with the virus via the arp

• No that wasn't what I was asking. I want to know if I can send midi over virus control integration mode not straight from the hardware to another synth.

What I want to do is control a vsti with the virus arp. I'm going to keep messing around and see if there is some sort of midi thru plugin or something I can route to do this.

• Yes it will be the same data, but how it is routed through the Virus hardware is another thing. I dont use the Virus control that much so im not really the best person to comment on routing midi through that. But i think the Arp/sequencer part is an integral part of the virus hardware, so you need to get it out of there, and the only way i can see is like i say via the physical midi outs, but if you send midi data back from the USB port to your DAW that should work in theory too, i have never tried. But there is a setting in the arp menu that enables midi from the Arp, and if this includes both midi/usb ports, i can't say. I will try this tonight... im intrigued myself. :S

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!!

I tried this tonight, it is easy to do in Reaper DAW, (i dont know about other daw's) just ensure config, Midi 2/3 Arp note send is turned on, select Virus synth as midi track in your DAW, play any Arp part on virus, recording the output (either thru USB or physical outputs), then assign the midi out of that track (I/O select on Reaper and select Virus Synth) to any soft synth/vsti. I used an Arp pattern to trigger a Korg legacy Polysix, and it sounded great and works perfect.

Hope that helps :thumbup: