Mavericks Users?

• Since these guys are re-writing the USB driver, maybe it's a good opportunity to get them to test out some of these odd issues people sometimes have.

I know Access hasn't been able to recreate many of them in their testing lab, but maybe these guys can? Since they're taking so long, and since they decided to wait until after Mavericks was released instead of the 3-month beta period when they were supposed to do this.

Some guidelines they could use to test the fringe cases: instead of hooking up a Virus to a Mac and calling that the test environment...why not test it like how REAL, working music producers use it. Plug in the Virus, a Maschine, couple other USB synths, external hard drives, a FireWire audio interface, THEN see if it works flawlessly. In other words, get them to do some "real world testing" for once.

Couldn't agree more. Just using the Virus alone with no other gear in a real life studio isn't very likely. As my self using an iMac with a usb connected midi controller, an usb backup disk, and usb connected media disk and a Firewire sound card makes it difficult to use the Virus without any issues. Ive been reading solutions like buying a standalone USB hub with its own power supply etc etc to be able to use the virus without any issues just because the way the iMac is built. A computers only purpose is not to only to produce music and i do not think that the developers think "Hey we need to have a separate USB connection so that musicians can run their viruses".

So the developers need to do some real testing as you said. The TI has been around for some time now and i think that the development is some years behind when you think of the possibilities and the power that a computer has today. Connections like thunderbolt and usb 3.0 should be standard.

• Initially I was going to comment to vent my frustration. However now my Virus TI Snow seems to be working properly as a sound card. I'm using a brand new MBPr 2.3ghz i7 running Mavericks 10.9. I downloaded and installed the latest plugin and firmware software from Access (5.0.8 or something). At first I tried it with Abelton 9 64-Bit. The Snow worked worked as a plugin and I could monitor audio thru the headphone output but the inputs did not function. I downloaded and installed the demo ASIO driver from http://www.usb-audio.com/download.html then restarted. Now the Snow passes and monitors audio with no problem.

I'm writing this after only 10 minutes of use so if any problems exist, they haven't shown themselves yet. As of now, I'm happy that I'm able to record.

Good luck all.

• i just installed the USB Driver but the Virus still not work as sound device. Hope this will be fixed asap! I can't confirm any beeps or distortion aswell!

Hello, I installed the USB Driver too and the Virus doesn't work. The "distorted sound" that people are talking about, is still louder as the sounds from my Virus. By the way: I´m using Ableton 9.0.6 and my Virus is up to date too.

The question is, when can we expect a solution and who is responsible for this? Ableton or Access ?????????

• Ok so I have a £1,600 brick setting in my studio, which I can't use due to the current driver issue, I was not notified via email that updating my system would effect the TI2 Desktop.

Is there any time frame on when this issue will be fixed, seems like a lot of people are having this issue. I can't do jack sh*t with my Virus which I've only had a few months.

All my other VST's seems to work with the new Mac OS, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Dune, Synth Plant, Tone2 ect, which cost no where near what I paid for the Virus.

Time frame anyone :whistling:

• the new USB Audio driver seems to work here as well. but, as it turns out, it does not work well with the existing MIDI driver of the Virus. as a result, we had to adapt the MIDI driver and so far it looks good. lets hope that we don't find anything else and we should have something for you in a couple of days.

hth, marc

Hello. When you fix the problem with Maveriks OS and Virus TI, you notify all your users by e-mail about it?

• i can't see how the Virus becomes a brick unless you rely on it being your main audio interface. and in this case all your other plug-ins would be useless as well. is this what you want to express? is there no way you can utilize something else to output sound, for instance the build in audio interface?
    marc

• I own a virus ti desktop 1 for my studio and a virus ti snow for travelling on my mac book as sound device and synth. it cant be used at the moment due to the driver issues. that means i cant produce music while im touring!

it's almost 2 months since the mavericks update came up without any solutions from access to fix this thing!

To be honest its pretty cheeky to tell us to not shooting the messenger!! we paid a lot of money for it (and by the way for your support), so don't tell us to stop shooting the messenger! hurry up with this fix!!! :evil:

• I agree. I think it's not appropriate to blame things on Apple or on some subcontractors. If my mac didn't work anymore and Apple told me it's because company XYZ has a problem providing the hard drive or whatever guess how much I'd care. I know Access is a small company and what not, but I simply need this thing (which does cost the same as a mac btw) to work NOW.

• Just bumping this thread up again for those of us that are still having the non-functional VST/AU issue. Is there any fix in sight? We've been pretty patient (told that we would have a solution or at least a temporary one over a month ago). The support here is moving with the consistency of molasses. Didn't put money into this device to have it collect dust and output noise that is horrendous.

What I am running in case this is valuable information in some way:
    Mavericks 10.9
    Ableton Live 9.1 Suite - Functioning
    NI Audio Kontrol 1 (USB) - Functioning
    NI Maschine MK2 (USB) - Functioning
    Virus Snow (Have tried both 5.04.02 & 5.03.00) (USB)

Prior to updating to Mavericks I was running Snow Leopard and everything was functioning great. I will not revert back to SL as I have already purchased new software that requires a more current OS, hence the upgrade to 10.9. Really not too thrilled about an overpriced paper weight sitting next to me. That is about all the Snow is good for at this moment in time which is frustrating as it is a major player in my music (absolutely love using it). I know nothing I have said here is helping the situation, but this is where we look to for answers. So what is up, what the deal?

• I own a virus ti desktop 1 for my studio and a virus ti snow for travelling on my mac book as sound device and synth. it cant be used at the moment due to the driver issues. that means i cant produce music while im touring!

it's almost 2 months since the mavericks update came up without any solutions from access to fix this thing!

To be honest its pretty cheeky to tell us to not shooting the messenger!! we paid a lot of money for it (and by the way for your support), so don't tell us to stop shooting the messenger! hurry up with this fix!!! :evil:

You can't use virus as sound card in itunes, but you can use virus as sound card in your sequencer like logic and continue to produce music. Just try.

• dear users,

a new version is available on the access website: http://www.virus.info/download
    5.0.7 is a public beta version providing support for the virus' sound card functionality for OSX 10.9 - for now we do recommend to install this version only, if you are already using 10.9. this version also does not support OSX 10.6 anymore, the minimum requirement is 10.7 now.

with best regards,
    marc

• Well, I downloaded the new beta, it tells me it fails a check of some sort. THen puts me through textless menus and gives me an option to install "installer choice" 5 and 6. I imagine this isn't supposed to happen?

EDIT* Re downloaded. Works fine.

Mac Pro 12 x 3.33GHZ, 64GB Mem, GTX 980ti 6GB RAM, Antelope Orion 32HD, Euphonix MC Control 2 and MC Mix, Virus TI2 (full keyboard), Yamaha RS-7000 AEIB2, Spectralis 2, Roland MC-505, Korg MicroKorg, OSX 10.12.5, Logic Pro X 10.4.2, ProTools 2018.1

MacBook Pro Dual 3.06 17", 4GB Mem, 9600M GT 512MB RAM

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von militantmind ()